sapphire 9800 xt on dfi ut nf3 n250gb

Hy, i seem to have a strange matter with this setup (like always there's something up) that i can't seem to fix nor find something about "somewhere"!

So if i use my 9800xt on the dfi mobo, i get distortion but in such a worse way i thought the memory blocks where completly ***-up.

So i tried 9600xt(gainward) and everything runs smoothly!

Strange thing is that if i put my 9800xt back in my old config (3000+ on amd ak77-600 max) it works fine, and with fine i mean i can oc the card and play nfsu2, doomIII and hl2 on high setting.

So to me this is a sign the 9800xt is ok, tried other power supplie and upping the agp voltage. Flashed bios and tried it all again.

The only thing i was able to find about this was that some 9800xt chipsets refused to work on certain brands/mobo's and they speak of incompatible with the nvidia chipset, but never a solution or official message about it! And i saw already post with people that have this card running on this mobo,

Please somebody help caus i'm getting frustrated not being able to game.:mad:

I've had a weird problem with my 9600 Pro.

From the time Windows (XP pro sp2) finishes installing until the time I get the latest Catalysts on, the screen blanks out and then pops back up whenever I move the mouse.

As you can imagine, it makes installing the nForce drivers a pain. :nod:

Could it be caused by the fact that I'm using the DVI out (I have a Dell 2001FP) instead of the D-Sub VGA? It's not my overclocking because it does it with installs performed at default BIOS settings as well as my relatively mild OC.

It's more of an annoyance than anything else.

after disconnecting all power from my system, when i switch my psu on and start up, i will get the same distorted effect. however, a reboot will make it post normally. as long as i don't disconnect power from the system, my vid card works fine.