Help: overclock problems, don't know what to do...

crash2k

hi guys,

i have some problems going over 240htt, and i think it's kinda weird since my configuration should let me do it...

my config:

Amd Athlon64 3400+ Clawhammer (CG for sure)

512*2 A-data DDR600 (bought today, i have 7days to decide if i want to keep them or not)

DFI LANPARTY NF3 250gb (bios 10_15beta)

Thermalright Slk-948u

i tried many configs and the max result for boot is 240x10 1:1 at 2.5-4-3-7.

i've tried memtest to check for errors, and with 512mb i have 0errors even at 2500mhz (250x10 1:1), but if i try to boot, it stops at BOOT FROM CD checking and then tells me that couldn't read from hard drive (or something like that), and sometimes it gives me the detect array error...

i have my 2sata hard drives on connectors 1 and 2.

what can i try!? :(

rally don't know what to do... maybe the DDR600 i have are not TCCD or something?!

help me please! :(

first thing is this:

please check the rules and the Important Info threads stuck to the top of this section, paying close attention to the second post in teh 'critical' thread (about system specs in your sig).

this helps us tremendously to help you solve your issue if we can see what is in your system every time you post.

Be as thorough as possible please. Voltages, timings, settings, bios version. The more information you give us about the problem, and the more details about your hardware in your sig = more help we can give you.

take care of that and we'll see what we do for ya ;)

so i should put it on 3 and 4?! need to re-install windows?!

p.s fixed sign with specs ;) actually don't know what voltages to put in it since the only test i did with the DDR-600 is memtest86 from bios and had 0errors @ 250x10 timings: 3-3-3-5 and 2,8v.

yep here's what you need to do:

go into bios and enable 3/4 in both the Genie Bios and the IDE setup. Make sure RAID is enabled for them (i think even if you dont use RAID...RG might know better than me)

boot into windows, make sure it goes through any detection (if any detection is necessary...boot to Windows first tho just to be sure).

after Windows is booted and everything is cool, shut down, plug the drives into 3/4, reboot ;)

Originally posted by Angry_Games

yep here's what you need to do:

go into bios and enable 3/4 in both the Genie Bios and the IDE setup. Make sure RAID is enabled for them (i think even if you dont use RAID...RG might know better than me)

boot into windows, make sure it goes through any detection (if any detection is necessary...boot to Windows first tho just to be sure).

after Windows is booted and everything is cool, shut down, plug the drives into 3/4, reboot ;)

ok i've checked:

sata 3 and 4 were enabled yet... while RAID is disabled at all.

i've tried to enable RAID on 1-2-3-4 sata but on reboot it gives me ARRAY DETECT...

should i try without raid?! :confused:

EDIT: YEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!!! :nod: :nod: :shake: :shake: :shake: thanks thanks thanks! i'm at 245x10 (for now!) thanks! :cat:

250x10, ht 3x ram 1:1

cpu 1,64v

ram 2,86v

timings: 2-3-3-5

Superpi1mb 35", 32mb gives me NOT CONVERGENT IN SQR...

:confused:

i've just tried Memtest86+ from bios and 0errors with this config...

which is the max voltage that i can use for vcore and dram with air cooling?!