A7n8x & 2500 Barton Unlocking

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
OK IF YOU USEA KT400 OR HIRGHER VIA CHIP OR A NF2 THE 2500+ AND ALL AMD CPUS ON THE TBRED B CORE ARE UNLOCKED BY DEFAULT IN THESE MOTHERBOARDS

I have read that many peeps with post week 40 XP2500 bartons are locked by default? (bridges cut).

I've just bought one and to my dismay its week 41! I haven't had a chance to confirm this as i'm moving house and all my gear is packed up but can anyone with a post week 40 Barton confirm that they are indeed locked and won't go above 12.5??

some 0340 athlons are locked and theres no way to unlock them period,at least yet some needs to get amd's white sheet on the new locking process to figure out how to unlock these chips. its a hit and mis some 034x cpus are unlocked some arent its all luck of the draw right now. we can thank crappy mom an pop comp shops for this they were taking 2500+ and changing the multis and fsb and selling them as 2800+,3000+ and 3200+ machines :angry: . but a locked 2500+ wiht some good pc3500ram, and a mobo like the nf7-s,chaintech,dfi lanparty that can do 220 fsb plus nf2 boards can get you to the cpus limit. so basically being locked is not that bad,mines unlocked and i run it at the default 11 multi with a 220 fsb :D

Edited by FanATIc205

I agree- There is rarely a need to higher multi anyway- Higher FSB is better than multi-if you have ram that can handle it like 3500ddrs' or overclocked 3200ddrs. I had mine as high as 220fsbx11. and really didn't raise my vcore or my ram voltage above 2 notchs from default. So Asus makes a very good board for AMD's. Unfortunately on the P4 side - I've read compatibility problems- but It's not just Asus but also ABITS Max3 boards.

ok lets not brign topics up from the dead...this was liek almost a month old

OK! you can't win, if you ask the question you get flamed for not doing a google search....

.....and now I get flamed for asking an unanswered question!???

It just so happens that this thread 'half answered' my question! so i apologise for resurrecting it.

but please lighten up! :(:blink:

I don't mean to intrude on the "dead" thread, but I have the same board and was wondering if I can get anything more than x14.5 out of my 3000+

also would it run some pc3500, and would that help me push my FSB more?