Sound Woes

I have a dedicated AV reciever setup, no subwoofer (no need, plenty of bass) and 6 speakers - Front L+R, Centre, Rear L+R, and rear centre. These are connected to my AV reciever via a Coaxial cable.

Im having trouble with 5.1 or 7.1 sound. My amp appears to only recieve a L+R signal, and when i run the speaker tests via the nvidia utility, i only get sound from the front L+R. In CS:Source's audio tester, I get sound from my centre as well but the rear speakers make no sound.

Is there any way i can get the onboard sound to send a proper multi channel signal digitally? Or is this what the old Soundstorm did on NF2? (and thus not supported by the NF3 :mad: )

Of course.

I have sound working from my digital out, but the amp picks it up as L+R signal only. The amp is a Marantz SR4400 which can handle Dolby Digital, Pro Logic, Pro Logic II, DTS, DTS EX and DTS 2/Neo:6, as well as CSII and some other custom emulation modes.

I have an NF2 Shuttle which i connect optically. If i use its 5.1 mode, i get the same problem; if i switch it to 5.1 Dolby Digital, all is well.

It appears i will have to connect up to my amp using analogue ports using the 4 outputs on the soundcard for L+R, Centre, Side L+R and id imagine i could use the Rear L+R and let the amp sort out my single rear centre.