nf2 ultra-al is dead

Dear angry,

Specification my computer is: DFI NF2 Ultra-AL,Athlon XP 2600+,HD IDE PATA Seagate 80 GB, Visipro 256 MB PC2700,Pixelview 128 MB DDR 64 bit, PSU 350 Watt Simbadda.

After update bios from dfi-street, file name : 6A61BD49.RC2, my computer not responding, not hear beep code, and the monitor stanby position (orange light).

I have clear CMOS by settting jumper, but not solved this problem.

My mainboard or processor damaged?

I wait your suggestion, thank's

DFI member

Agus

List the exact steps that you took to flash the bios please..

Did you use winflash, if so did you check all the options to flash all parts of bios?...

Or did you use awdflash if so did you use any dos switches?..

And also did you load defaults before the flash ?

any clue at all what this means!!!

bios from dfi-street, file name : 6A61BD49.RC2

There never have been any -AL bioses on the 'street'

Only some early Ultra Infinity and Lan Party "B" bioses.

Looks like you corrupted your bios with a wrong bios flash!!!

Sincerely, RGone...:confused: as usual.

i know there were no bios in dfi street for ultra-al but for LP.A do exist,since LP.A & ultra-al were the same layout....

about the 6A61BD49.RC2 bios i use it to and it really make my ultra-al give more fsb...i can run 260 fsb since i use it :)

http://img41.exs.cx/img41/1636/9748.jpg

if i only use official bios i only reach 233 :)

so i think aghya need to list every step when u do the bios update...

For all ya's flashing to different model bios. Yes it does work.. But still can be risky flashing ANY bios.. Make sure you have a way to recover if something goes wrong..

1- Bios Savior

2- Spare flashed chip

3- The know how and resources to hotflash if needed..

Just something to remember when going on a flash binge..hehe

i know there were no bios in dfi street for ultra-al but for LP.A do exist,since LP.A & ultra-al were the same layout....

flashing to another board's bios is not covered under warranty at all. Please only flash the bios with a bios made for your motherboard.

Originally posted by Angry_Games

flashing to another board's bios is not covered under warranty at all. Please only flash the bios with a bios made for your motherboard.

oh ok then....iam sory for my mistake...just try to help here...

I use winflash. The first after reboot everythings is okey, Lan Party Logo view when booting.

I made usb from bios from 166 to 200. Save and exit. after this computer not responding..

I clear CMOS by setting jumper to default. After restart, everything is okey. Lan PArty Logo view when booting, and windows operating system and all is okey.

But after some time, when I start, computer not responding. I clear CMOS again, but not responding...

Why..?

Originally posted by Angry_Games

HAHA bios savior arrived today, peeps leme tell you, the package has it all, even the little eprom puller works perfect (no more using a paperclip to lodge it out----LOL!)

$25.00 ITS WORTH IT!