3dmark03 crashing

I actually found that on the futuremark forums too. They posted that in early september about a patch coming out for it but still no patch.

And mine is working fine now that Norton is not installed. Don't know what I am going to do for anti-virus now.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by nstublaski

I just built a new system last weekend consisting of a dfi lanparty nf3 ut 250gb board, 64bit 3000+, 2x512 of corsair valueram 3200, radeon 9600xt videocard, 200gb maxtor ide drive, a soundblaster audigy 2 platinum zs audio card and a thermal take 480w PSU powering it all.

I tried running 3dmark05 and I get a rating of 1500 (horrible) and I get a max of 15 fps and sometimes all the way down to 1 fps. I tried to run 3dmark03 and I get 80-150fps on the first game and less than 10fps on the second test. Sometimes it will crash back to windows on the first test others it will crash after the second test.

I downloaded all the driver update for the motherboard, video card and the sound card. I did all the windows updates. I flashed the bios. All did absolutly nothing. I ran memtest86 for 16 hours the other night and then I ran Prime95 for 16 hours the next night. Neither had any errors so I think that means that the ram and cpu arnt the issue.

My cpu temps are at 37-39c idle to 49c under load cooled with a Thermal Take Venus 12 HSF.

What do you guys think I should try next. Or any known issues any can think of?

Thanks in advance,

Nathan

Also on a side note. In the pdf manual it says the icon for the Forceware network utility is supposed to be on the desktop. I must have unchecked that option. How else can I configure the firewall?

There most likely wasn't anything wrong with the system in the first place. 3DM05 is

flat going to CRAWL with a 9600XT in the AGP slot and I mean snail speed.

Viper

Yea I have come to terms with the fact that the card sucks and that the 3dmark05 score is correct. I was more worried about the 3dmark03 crashing rather than the 3dmark05 score. But even that I am really not worried about. I can play Doom and UT2004 just fine so I am not worried.

Originally posted by nstublaski

Yea I have come to terms with the fact that the card sucks and that the 3dmark05 score is correct. I was more worried about the 3dmark03 crashing rather than the 3dmark05 score. But even that I am really not worried about. I can play Doom and UT2004 just fine so I am not worried.

Make sure FastWrite are enabled with a 9600 or you may run into crashing issues.

Viper

• 1 year later...

What is the temp of the NB? I am asking because I was having issues like this but with 3dmark05.

I reapplied TIM to the NB (took off stock goop and used Artic Silver Ceramic), and took off that silver ring (just bling bling). I also changed the BIOS setting of turning the NB fan fully from the stock 55*C to 48*C.

I think the combo works - my NB does not go over 48*C (before it was hitting 50*C), and 3DMark05 seems to work like a charm (going 7 hours now, and couting).

I am further going to help by installing a PCI slot fan to suck the hot air out in the lower half of the PC.

I hope this will help your issue as well