Audio Codec issue

I have an Ultra Infinity NFII. At first the bios was set to 100mhz fsb (long story) and I was trying to get it back to normal. Going up to 133 then 166. Suddenly at 166 i cant get any sound anymore and i checked the device manager and it says that the Audio Codec is not working. Also when i go to audio and sound devices it shows that there are no deviced.

Well i restarted a few times and it worked fine. And just now i was installing Battlefield:Vietnam, which froze during the end of the setup so i had to restart (not cold reboot). Now I have the same issue again.

Athlon XP 2500+

Ultra Infinity NFII

2x 512 Kingston ValueRam PC 3200

Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro 128 MB

...I don't know but the number of folks in 32 bit is just not the crowd that was here before and I try to keep answering to a minimum to let some the others rise up as helpers.

Value Ram is really a tough ram to get to hold up well for use in the tweakable DFI sisters. It is ok but not what most of us ran when we all were beating the P out of the boards and headed for 2500mhz on a regular basis.

Try to up the memory voltage to about 3.0volts, set Vagp to 1.7volts and Vcore to about 1.75Volts and the chipset or Vdd to 1.8volts and make sure the memory ratio is 1:1 and then reload the Nvidia drivers to make sure the sound is re-installed and see how that goes. Sound off as FSB rises sounds like the memory was falling off and the drivers went bad.

Sincerely, RGone...:cool:

Originally posted by Art Vandelay

Ok from what ive seen. Everytime it happens if u wait like 10 minutes before starting the computer it will detect the audio codecs and work just fine. Has worked like a charm so far, a bit annoying but at least its working.

That kinda makes it sound like it might be heat related. How's your cooling on your south bridge? Does it help any if you take the side off the case?

Originally posted by RGone

...I don't know but the number of folks in 32 bit is just not the crowd that was here before and I try to keep answering to a minimum to let some the others rise up as helpers.

Yeah, everybody so suddenly switching to A64 is making me impatient to wait and make the switch once the NF4 board comes out, though I might treat myself to early X-Mas gfits ;)

Anyway, I think you should just ditch onboard sound altogether and get an Audigy 2 ZS (awesome sound cards, especially for gaming and DVDs), though SoundStorm is still very good for onboard sound. What nForce audio driver version are you using?