unable to boot with sandisk 8 in 1 reader

• 3 weeks later...

I did not notice this thread until now. I another thread about a problem I had with a Lexar 1 gig USB2 jump drive (that did not have any boot info on it). Now that I know what cause the problem I can solve it by unpluggin it, although it is kinda annoying.

I decided to see if my Lexar 12 in 1 USB2 multi card reader caused the same problem. It does not, even with a CF card with no boot info inserted.

• 6 months later...

Its been a while, since I checked this forum. Recently loaded latest beta bios 6/23 cause it mentioned some USB device fixes.

Well, my machine still has the SAME PROBLEM.

If Sandisk reader is plugged in, I can not boot past drive initialization screen.

Any chance this will ever be fixed? Kind of annoying that such a small issue was not addressed in 1 year....

thanks,

Max

• 1 month later...

Welp, it seems that i'm joining the circle of disappoitment.

I just bought the 12-in-1 reader (M.N SDDR-89 / P.N 20-90-00163 by sandisk), and when attempting to cold boot with the device plugged in, my system hangs before POST. A message with CMOS Checksum Error with alarm sound coming up from the pc speaker, AND THE BEST PART - MY BIOS SETTINGS HAVE BEEN COMPLETELY INITIALIZED. I have nothing to do but force shutdown and restart without having the reader plugged into the USB port, and reconfigure my bios settings.

When attempting to connect the reader during my work in windows, everything works fine. I'm able to read/write to my sd/cf cards without any problem, and the device is properly detected.

I've tried almost everything - different bioses, playing with the usb configurations in bios, playing with the device manager in windows, plugging it into a different port (from rear ports only, nothing is attached to the onboard headers), moving back to stock settings (non o/ced) etc...

Nothing, nothing seems to work!

I'm about to try an individual PCI USB II controller in order to get it work, but I read somewhere that this might not work, as well.

Altough this thread is quite old, I'm truly disappointed to see that DFI have failed in finding an apropriate solution, or.. on the other hand, barely even tried. :-