UT NF3 with USB Mouse problem

Originally posted by Angry_Games

can you provide a link to official download for it?

Here's linkHere's link

I use this version in my laptop and my desktop right now.

(it is the old version from IBM cd_rom)

Here's new version

On laptop in SAFEMode winXP, my mouse works well but I can't use on desktop (in safemode)

Edit :Here's from IBM from this website

http://www.mic-innovations.com/

edit :

Uhmm, it still not working again even I have the adapter.

it shows "unknown device" again. (I also install 19K2002.exe to use it but it doesn't work also)

I borrowed my friend's mouse (Belkin Model: F8E882-OPT)

It's work in normal mode (driver shows like my picture "mouseprob1.jpg)And also now it's working in Safemode

Then now I reboot and switch back to use IBM mouse (without IBM driver (I uninstalled)) It was work!!! and I reboot it to test in SAFE mode-it does NOT work. I reboot to normal made again - it NOT WORK

:confused: :sad: :confused: :sad: :confused: :sad:

I though it was driver but Now it is not the driver problem.

Please help me Angry!

i forwarded your email to Kent, Samuel, and Junyen over in TW...we'll see if they can shed any light on it (doubtful as they wont be able to get that mouse in TW but they might know something we dont anyway)

Thank you very much.

And I added some new information for a minutes ago. please see previos of my dialog.

Edit:

I use the Belkin mouse and switching normal mode and safe mode for serveral times. It works fine.

have to keep the possibility that this board just wont like that mouse =/

lets see what TW says while you pull your hair out (haha my boss Jacky loves that expression!) dinking around with the mouse ;)

Mine is straight and long hair hehehe I hope TW can PULL easily :nod:

Let's go get Logitech® diNovo™ Media Desktop:nod: Kidding. Toooooo expensive to me

I love IBM mouse :O

Waiting for good news.

GN:angel:

I see it was ask but I dont think there was a anwser.

The drivers from Windows Update, they may need to be installed. Even if you have to use other mouse to get them installed Nvidia Drivers need USB2.0 drivers from Windows Update to work.

One other point, did you install DX9 before installing Chipset Drivers, this has caused problems.

Some have had better luck with Nvidia latest drivers, I have had better luck with supplied drivers on DFI mobo disk & Windows Update. I even show a pretty good performance boost with the DFI drivers over Nvidia, this may just be my rig that acts this way though.

You may also set RESET CONFIGURATION to AUTO in bios after you change a/the drivers, this would be in the PCI/PNP section in bios I think.

It must be a capatability prob with the mouse, some driver should fix this.

SJ

Originally posted by Samurai Jack

I see it was ask but I dont think there was a anwser.

The drivers from Windows Update, they may need to be installed. Even if you have to use other mouse to get them installed Nvidia Drivers need USB2.0 drivers from Windows Update to work.

One other point, did you install DX9 before installing Chipset Drivers, this has caused problems.

I installed DX before NV driver

Some have had better luck with Nvidia latest drivers, I have had better luck with supplied drivers on DFI mobo disk & Windows Update. I even show a pretty good performance boost with the DFI drivers over Nvidia, this may just be my rig that acts this way though.

You may also set RESET CONFIGURATION to AUTO in bios after you change a/the drivers, this would be in the PCI/PNP section in bios I think.

I used to set RESET : Enalbel and turn power off unplug mouse and turn on boot in windows and shutdown and turn power off again and turn on after that I boot to Windows and plug mouse to USB, not work! :sad:

It must be a capatability prob with the mouse, some driver should fix this.

I think it may be hardware problem because my friend's mouse-Belkin F8E882-OPT, is work fine in safe mode and normal mode.

Thanks for your advice

SJ

have to keep the possibility that this board just wont like that mouse =/

lets see what TW says while you pull your hair out (haha my boss Jacky loves that expression!) dinking around with the mouse ;)

Has any feedback from TW yet???

:cat: I am waiting for good news

nothing yet...this might be one mouse that wont work though...

I confirm that.

I reformatted and install WinXP from CD (delete partition)

Windows works with the Belkin USB Mouse (not work with my IBM Mouse).

My WinXP is not updated to SP1 yet.

Poor IBM :sad: