1Gmail invite

BSOD169

Yeah i read it and somehow it has become a part of my speech, sort of like yadda yadda among others but somewhat less explosive like who really fu****gs cares. Its All Good and it was a great story especially the part about who is the pc expert arguing in the back room, I better stop now before this gmail thread gets hijacked to how funny niner niner niner is!!!!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gmail is great in the sense that its run by google (best search engine ever, and to me best popup blocker around too)

its also great that like hotmail, yahoo, other free ones that its accessible anywhere on earth that you can get internet

and it has 1gig of storage

and its free

if it is ad-ridden and such tho, its not so great...but if you dont care about ads etc, then its great.

got to figure tho, if you on a public computer or such, you generally can't access your attachments or other stuff that might be in your gmail (ie public library or internet cafe)

on the whole, gmail is a great deal...one would normally forward everything to it while on the road on a trip or such, check it from school etc...and you can forward your other email addys to it when you gone (well...I can forward all my dfi-street and angrygames emails to any email addy)

it might be able to check other pop3 accounts too, not sure

im just sorta surprised that its all riddled with ads...but I shouldn't claim that since I've been offered a gmail addy about 20 times in teh last two months and I always turn them down lol (got more emails than i can remember =/ )

Well the ads just appear to the side of it but it is annoying. I sent my self a e-mail to check it out about my heatsink. On the right hand side when i read my e-mail was a bunch of ads and links about heatsinks. Too bad there is not an option to disable this "friendly service designed for my convenience". Other than the ads it seems pretty cool.

You know what's funny.. Only Budster has complained about Ads..

I've never seen Advertisement on Gmail, and I have 3 accounts.. LoL.. Maybe u have alot of Spyware and other Advertisement programs running..

--For Real.. AG, No Advs on Gmail ;)

Which makes it that great :cool:

Well here is what gmail says about their ads. This is right from their site:

You've reached this page because you chose to read more about ads and related pages delivered by Google. Ads in Gmail are placed in the same way that ads are placed alongside Google search results and, through the Google AdSense program, on content pages across the web.

Related information provides relevant information from sites in Google's extensive index of web pages.

Gmail is a technology-based program. Advertising and related information are shown using a completely automated process. Ads are selected for relevance and served by Google computers using the same contextual advertising technology that powers our AdSense program. This technology enables Google to effectively target dynamically changing content, such as email, or news stories.

No humans will read the content of your email in order to target such advertisements or related information. Because the ads and Related Pages are matched to information that is of interest to you, we hope you'll find them relevant and useful.

I guess i am the only person to look on the right side of the screen and see them. I do not think i have a lot af adware and spyware on my system. Between xsoftspy, Adaware, and spybot i think i am pretty well covered.

• 2 weeks later...