SATA and WinXP

Hey guys,

The semester is about to start and I don't have all the time in the world to search the web for this...so...here's the problem:

I have a 74gb raptor on sata1 on my dfi hofinity and I cannot get winxp to even see the hard drive in during set up. I have tried diabling the sata raid and setting it to sata as well as disabled...none work if I don't load the dfi raid driver and the drive is still not found if I do load the dfi raid driver. I'm using the 6/19 bios.

If I have the sata raid enabled in the bios, it searches for the drives after the boot and sees the raptor on sata0...but aparently windows does not.

Any help?

Thanks!!!!

Mike

That link seemed to be a very thorough explaination to get through the problem I thought you were having.

so... there's no problem then?

hmmm.... The only other thing I can think of is wether or not your install disk is SP1 or not... I seem to recall an issue where you'd need to install "old" XP on IDE first, Service patch it, and ghost the install over to the SATA drive... or I could have been drunk when i heard/read that:rolleyes:

... or slipstream your own install disk

Ok, I got the non-raid driver off of the cd and it still doesn't see my hard drive in windows. When I get to the screen to hit F8, it show no drive available. If I hit enter, I get a BOSD that references setupdd.sys. Any clue? I have the WD 74gb Raptor (port 1) with a WD60 (port 3).

good job!

If you check my posts, I put a link in that shows you how to slip in your own drivers so that you donlt have to press F6... unfortunately, these instuctions (link to another forum) were written for an SP1 slipstream... to they will be a step backwards so to speak, but in the right direction