Need Help Regarding PRO875B

I have had this mobo for about a month now and im quite impressed. However i cant get the onboard sound to work and thought i would ask you lot before i order a PCI soundcard (Dont really wanna do this).

When i fitted the mobo i installed all the drivers that came withit in the correct order according to the instruction manual. I plugged my speakers in (Just 2 normal stereo speakers) and checked they were recognised in control panel and they were but i got no sound. Pause was not on or anything and i tried switchin them into all the other jacks which was unsucessful.

Then i tried various installation/uninstallation of other drivers and still no sound.

This leads me to think its either something in BIOS or the onboard sound just doesnt work. I had a quick look around BIOS but couldn't find anything and after browsing through other forums i see some other people have had this same problem (No answers).

So hopefully some1 can here can point me in the right direction cos im sick of using me USB headset :(

Thankyou.

make sure all the jumpers for the front audio have been placed correctly (look in color manual or download the pdf at the dfi.com.tw website).

usually problem is very simple...windows control panel is somehow muted or not set correctly, speakers are not plugged in correctly (or turned on or turned up...sounds foolish but I've been redfaced a lot myself for plugging into wrong hole!). Something in the audio's cp that isnt working right. Check windows update also for any updated AC97 audio drivers. DX9 all that stuff.

ps; dont take this as im bashing any part of the board, or trivilaizing that the audio doesnt work and that it sorta isnt up to par to a SB card anyway.

honest truth...the onboard AC97 on the 875 chipsets stink. Especially if you are looking at a cheap Audigy1 or Audigy2, there's no way I'd use onboard. My own 875's (I have 3 running) all use a Creative card.

bigger truth: if the onboard audio never does work, we'll fix it for you if its a problem. Vendor will replace the board within 30 days as most vendor agreements are, after that email me and DFI will fix it for you. Even if you want a PCI card for audio, but want piece of mind that your board is 100% working...we'll fix it. I'll never try to talk you out of ignoring it.

i will however give you my honest opinion. board will work fine without onboard audio working. It will sound better even when it does work, with a PCI audio card (865PE's actually have a pretty damn good onboard sound...but none of the Intel boards are as good as the NF2 SoundStorm onboard).

Personally, I'd triple-check, make sure everything is correctly set, even reload windows once if I didnt have anything important that couldnt be saved...then I'd get angry and send it back and have it replaced or fixed lol.

Hi im shocks "mate" his case has front audio jacks which I may have plugged up wrong, so I double checked, and no I didnt.

But as a test i unplugged them all and booted up with no jacks at all on the front audio pins, no sound

So I then tried them on the pins 6,5 and 9,10 i think it is, ?

Well I know I put them on the right one as I checked a icture poasted by someone on here., and still no sound. We downloaded latest drivers and everything and checked silly mistakes like muteing in windows/c-media (gotta be the suckiest multiedia program I seen imo)

You can see the sound is being made because his usb headset works, just not the jacks =S

So i also said to him a faulty mobo.

Yes thats right, The music levels indicator was moving up and down when i played music (indicating sound) but no sound was played.

Then i bought a basic soundcard and finally got some sound :)

So no real problem, shame the board is probs faulty but its to much hassle to swap it round.. especially now i dont even need the onboard sound.

if you have the receipt and its still under warranty (and you've not modded it to void the warranty) then we'll replace it for you no problem ;)

you of course will be without a board for a couple of days as we do not do advanced replacement, even with a CC.

Lol knowing shock i think that will be too much effort :P. , but thanks for helping us both. My board is stable as anything now and im getting 1300 in 3dmark03 without overclocking.

I also had problems with my frontX mic not working, but did a search on here and I didnt realise mic2/alternate mic had to be ticked for it to work :D

Good for gameing needs instead of having to plug in headset around back all the time.

Thanks again