nForce2 Tweaker V0.2 - Online

Originally posted by tictac

CPU Disconnect function

6E = 01

6F = 1F/9F enable

6F = 8F disable

Hmmm.... If 1F and 9F both enable it, why is 1F 5°c lower than 9F (CPU idle temps)? :confused:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by New-B

Hmmm.... If 1F and 9F both enable it, why is 1F 5°c lower than 9F (CPU idle temps)? :confused:

1f is for older nforce chipset

8f is for new nforce2 chipset

but many prefer 1f coz they give lot lower idle temp

so up to u then...

why its lower.. better ask nVidia tech..

:nod:

Okay, tictac, I set the 6F register to 8F value, witch should turn the CPU disconnection off, well, machine is still working, however I STILL get the clicks :rolleyes::(

Im bit of desperate :rolleyes:

Guest Hellfire

P2P.jpg

P2P-EXT Found by Gray Wolf

This is the closest thing I have found to the P2P-EXT value in the 3.19 BPL file but it already seems to be default at 1ms. But in actuallity it is set at 30us in Windows. Since patching these bioses the traditional way doesn't work how should we go about setting it to 1ms default from bios if isa/pci/injecting code into system bios does not work? All these methods do seem to work with the 11/27 bios but it seems as Oskar Wu has implemented some security measure to it.

Originally posted by Hellfire

P2P.jpg

P2P-EXT Found by Gray Wolf

This is the closest thing I have found to the P2P-EXT value in the 3.19 BPL file but it already seems to be default at 1ms. But in actuallity it is set at 30us in Windows. Since patching these bioses the traditional way doesn't work how should we go about setting it to 1ms default from bios if isa/pci/injecting code into system bios does not work? All these methods do seem to work with the 11/27 bios but it seems as Oskar Wu has implemented some security measure to it.

u need to dissamble the BPL module... it is 16 bit code...

they didn't put default setting just like that... there is some calculation involve before they send it out :D

would changing that P2P settings gain any sort of performance increase from the drives connected to the 3114? I remember having this option on my NF7-S and though it was recommended not to change it for stability reasons I did anyhow and noticed an increase in atto/tach scores.

Originally posted by cantankerous

would changing that P2P settings gain any sort of performance increase from the drives connected to the 3114? I remember having this option on my NF7-S and though it was recommended not to change it for stability reasons I did anyhow and noticed an increase in atto/tach scores.

1ms was recommended for stability. 3.8µs for performance...

It should effect PCI devices... dunno how the SIL is attached to the bus.

Okay, guys, now I tested the DAMN AUDIO CLICKS at 200Mhz FSB - and - they are gone :rolleyes: :mad:

But as long, as I leave every settings as they are, just change FSB from 200 to 210 (ONLY!) and multiplier from 12 to 11.5, I got the clicks. Prime memory test is stable for day, so, there is something BAD that happen when I use higher that 200Mhz FSB...

Does not the bios (using 6/19 beta, detailed config in my sig) change some values on more that 200Mhz or something? I getting clueless... :rolleyes:

Hellfire, tictac, SAE - dear friends, should I try setting the P2P latency to 1mS? I think it's worth the try, however a little bit more simple way to describe it - like withch ofset change to what value will be apprecieted ;)

Sorry, Im beginner and all I want is more that 200Mhz FSB but no DAMN AUDIO CLICKS when I play WinAMP, RealPlayer and type on keaboard!

(BTW, recently I heared CLICKS just when I played Doom, so it seems to be that anything related to keyboard give my these problems on over 200Nhz FSB...)

I can't believe that Im the only one experiencing the problems, especially when my second LP B mobo recently reached 250Mhz FSB at the tightest timings... :confused:

(no sound/keyboard tests are made, tough)

PS. on the ofset 3F (is this the P2P one?) i have value 00 - I should change it to...? What? 02? :rolleyes: Please advise :P

Originally posted by trodas

Okay, guys, now I tested the DAMN AUDIO CLICKS at 200Mhz FSB - and - they are gone :rolleyes: :mad:

But as long, as I leave every settings as they are, just change FSB from 200 to 210 (ONLY!) and multiplier from 12 to 11.5, I got the clicks. Prime memory test is stable for day, so, there is something BAD that happen when I use higher that 200Mhz FSB...

Does not the bios (using 6/19 beta, detailed config in my sig) change some values on more that 200Mhz or something? I getting clueless... :rolleyes:

Hellfire, tictac, SAE - dear friends, should I try setting the P2P latency to 1mS? I think it's worth the try, however a little bit more simple way to describe it - like withch ofset change to what value will be apprecieted ;)

Sorry, Im beginner and all I want is more that 200Mhz FSB but no DAMN AUDIO CLICKS when I play WinAMP, RealPlayer and type on keaboard!

(BTW, recently I heared CLICKS just when I played Doom, so it seems to be that anything related to keyboard give my these problems on over 200Nhz FSB...)

I can't believe that Im the only one experiencing the problems, especially when my second LP B mobo recently reached 250Mhz FSB at the tightest timings... :confused:

(no sound/keyboard tests are made, tough)

PS. on the ofset 3F (is this the P2P one?) i have value 00 - I should change it to...? What? 02? :rolleyes: Please advise :P

Pal, ... 00 is 1ms!

Did you try to set the PCI latency to 96? And is one able to tweak the Soundstrom's latency as well? I dunno as I am now using SB Audigy... If so, you should set it to 128clocks.

/edit.

Remember setting the device to 8 when setting up P2P Lat.

So, I already have 1mS, hmmm :rolleyes:

Then why the DAMN AUDIO CLICKS happening? :mad:

...others have the 3.8µs? So I should try setting there 02 ...? :rolleyes: (to get the 3.8µs to test)

Yes, I tried the PCI latency all the way up to 255 - no change ;):(

And no, I did not using SoundStorm, according to my config, as you can see, I using Audigy2zs :rolleyes:

This: "Remember setting the device to 8 when setting up P2P Lat." I completelly not understand :rolleyes:

Sorry.

You have to take it easy on me, pal :(

Originally posted by trodas

This: "Remember setting the device to 8 when setting up P2P Lat." I completelly not understand :rolleyes:

Sorry.

You have to take it easy on me, pal :(

If you go up on this page to the second last post of Tictac it shows a WPCREDIT screen. On this screen shot you can see something like that in the upper left area:

PCI Bus: 0

Device: 8 X

Function: 0

Do you see the same when setting up the P2P Ext. Discard time?!?

Do ya see what I mean?

You can get the device #8 when clicking this button with the green "piece of hardware thing"... there you can choose your devices. Click the right one and now you should have offset 3F - Data 02!