nForce2 Tweaker V0.2 - Online

NoOne - ehm, great, however I need any tool or something to handle the registers changes :(:rolleyes:

tictac, is possible to add CPU disconnect? :D

uwackme - BTW, any ideas, what to set the 6/19 options about dimm driving strenght/sleewe??? :rolleyes:

slavik - IIRC the tweaked modify the registers so winblows set the settings independently on the bios ;) And IIRC they are supposed to stick :(

dippyskoodlez - good try, wanna some phonenumbers? ;)

deception`` - whoa, I did not understand the program at all :rolleyes: Kinda weird for me :rolleyes: Besides it looks like even very high PCI latency did not helping me :(

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, tictac, you are right :D

This seems to work... :P Why in the bloody hell, none of the modded bioses have these PCI latency options??? :confused:

(or I just did not know about it?)

Hellfire, are you listening? :D

Besides, even settings latency 255 did NOT fix my sound problems. Could you add the CPu disconnect? ;)

Originally posted by trodas

Ah, tictac, you are right :D

This seems to work... :P Why in the bloody hell, none of the modded bioses have these PCI latency options??? :confused:

(or I just did not know about it?)

Hellfire, are you listening? :D

Besides, even settings latency 255 did NOT fix my sound problems. Could you add the CPu disconnect? ;)

Do you have a better SB cooling, or is it a seperate card?

My a7n8x would click w/out better cooling.

Also try muting the line-in, and anything you dont use.

Well as in my sig.... I use 6/7 but that was from trial and error.

Use memtest #5, over and over. Set to max FSB you can run 0 errors at with auto/auto. Then starting at 15, diddle each setting and test, up the FSB to see if the adjustment got you any higher result....repeat....repeat... yep its boring as hell I know :nod:

Yes, note for TW/Oskar.... adding a cpudisconnect on/off, and defaulting AGP bus latency to 255 and adding a bios setting for that would also be cool. Also, adding a P2P-EXT setting in bios for Sata would be helpful.... so far all is well, but I'd prefer being at 1ms default rather than 30us.

dippyskoodlez - using SB Audigy2zs, config on sig ;) My SB cooling is by Zalman ZM NB32J:

0086.jpg

(more on 2 pages there: http://ax2.old-cans.com/galerie.php?p=wc&c=8&d=1&v=v2 )

As you can read in the config, I did not use much things from SB. Except USB, the rest is disabled (COM, LPT, FireWire, SATA, sound - of course...) :rolleyes:

Setting PCI latency to 255 no help :(

Muted everyting not in use already... :(

uwackme - memtest test5 make there w/o errors at 225Mhz there. Over and over. But as long as I try Prime95 testing, it fail on anything over 213Mhz :mad:

A agree with you on he CPU diconnect - maybe Hellfire could add this too? (IIRC is only for power saving, so no big deal for me when I disable it :nod: )

But why push the AGP latency to unbeliable 255...???

Did not this kill performance a lot???

Could it help anything???

...I don't getting it...

SATA is not used there, so I dicline on comments about it :D

Okay, I learned how to use the WPCRedit thingie, edited the 6F value from 9F to 1F witch should disable the CPU diconnect and hopefully fix the audio issues I having.

Damn, it does NOT :mad:

I added PCI latency 128 and it still click VERY VERY frequently with very simple and repeatable way:

Play winamp, fold (prime), play movie with RealPlayer and serf and type some text on forums - you get the DAMN AUDIO CLICKS :mad: :mad: :mad:

...oh yes, it happen w/o the teaks too, on COMPLETELY stable machine - it is stable on even higher FSB 213MHz, so I backed to 210Mhz alrady and no help... I try 200Mhz if it will work w/o these and report back - just to be 100% sure.

Damn, I don't know what to think about it :shake: :rolleyes: :shake:

Okay, I learned how to use the WPCRedit thingie, edited the 6F value from 9F to 1F witch should disable the CPU diconnect and hopefully fix the audio issues I having.

Damn, it does NOT :mad:

I added PCI latency 128 and it still click VERY VERY frequently with very simple and repeatable way:

Play winamp, fold (prime), play movie with RealPlayer and serf and type some text on forums - you get the DAMN AUDIO CLICKS :mad: :mad: :mad:

...oh yes, it happen w/o the teaks too, on COMPLETELY stable machine - it is stable on even higher FSB 213MHz, so I backed to 210Mhz alrady and no help... I try 200Mhz if it will work w/o these and report back - just to be 100% sure.

Damn, I don't know what to think about it :shake: :rolleyes: :shake:

:shake:

6E = 01

6F = 1F

tictac - translate, please ;)

Im not a WPCRedit hacker :O:P Mine default values are:

6E - 01

6F - 9F

...if I change the 6F to 1F - it not help. 8rdvavcore change it to 0F (if I use it) - but it did not help either. Help? :confused: :rolleyes:

Changing the 6F value to 1F enables the CPU diconnect. 9F is what you want for it to be disabled.