Couple WPCR Tweaks

RGone - okay, I might be truly hunting for a ghost, but explain me why I getting audio clicks on 220 or 225Mhz FSB when I type text :confused:

I tought increasing the PCI latency could help me???

The machine is 100% stable at 225Mhz FSB, run all the day under 100% CPU load and not crashed. Just the audio quirks.

uwackme - ehm, I still not getting clue where to change what :rolleyes: You mean EDIT the bios file and flash it? :eek: I tought this is a registry tweak...? :confused:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by SAE

Try to connect the nearby resistor (follow the trace) and the leg with a wire. Should do it. If not... it's exactly the problem I had.

I tried that already...spent several hours trying to get this board back but it's dead. All I could do was salvage the BIOS chip, jumpers, DIMM slot handles, battery, and throw the rest in the trash. Christ, I spent so much time and energy modding and tweaking this board (the GF swore I took better care of this board than her :D) I still can't believe my utter stupidity. Now, I'm trying to decide whether I should use my laptop until 939/64 prices drop, buy another Infinity, go back to Abit, or try something new like the Albatron.

Originally posted by AdvModDev

I tried that already...spent several hours trying to get this board back but it's dead. All I could do was salvage the BIOS chip, jumpers, DIMM slot handles, battery, and throw the rest in the trash. Christ, I spent so much time and energy modding and tweaking this board (the GF swore I took better care of this board than her :D) I still can't believe my utter stupidity. Now, I'm trying to decide whether I should use my laptop until 939/64 prices drop, buy another Infinity, go back to Abit, or try something new like the Albatron.

Hmm. :(

I know that. Mine also was dead... :(

I could never take it to wait for 939 prices to drop... just get another socket A, pal :)

What is your FSB in the above screenshot?

EDIT: my FSB is 200MHz and those registers show up as: 03 18 13 00

EDIT2: try setting your FSB to 200MHz and see if you get the same numbers I got, then we can make a table :)

Originally posted by slavik

What is your FSB in the above screenshot?

EDIT: my FSB is 200MHz and those registers show up as: 03 18 13 00

EDIT2: try setting your FSB to 200MHz and see if you get the same numbers I got, then we can make a table :)

There is 1 issue with this FSB location coz bios does seem to change the data here but NVSU/clockgen using this address

maybe this is the reason why 3d mark doesn't read correct FSB after we use clockgen/nvsu/nf7vcore when we publish our 3D mark score

there probably other address been used by the bios :-/

Figure it out :nod: :shake: :cat:

Originally posted by slavik

an idea ... is it possible to save all the register info to a text file?

then you could compare it :)

ok.. jusrt save it into text file

i would do comprasion later with hexeditor ;)

here is EXT P2P Discard Time Register

found by Gray Wolf

attachment.php?postid=503517