Couple WPCR Tweaks

Originally posted by SAE

Tictac, I checked that application, and I assume it's only to set the alpha ram timings?

Erm, I found out the last timing is always set to 0 for me, and I cannot change it from windows... It should be set to 3. (bios)

Weird.

ok.... maybe new version will fix this up... any other option to add in? :nod:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by tictac

AdvModDev... need your help

can youy help me find this register

6) Normal Memory Setting

PCI Bus# Dev# Func# Offset#

- T(RAS)	:

- T(RCD-Read)	:

- T(RCD-Write)	:

- T(RP)		:

- CAS Latency	:

- T(RC)		:

- T(RFC)	:

if u can locate it i will try ask my freinds to build nforce2 tweaker with this all register like nf7vcore hasw stuff

:nod: :nod: :nod:

tictac, sorry for the late reply...of course I will help you out. But my system is totally disassembled at the moment...had to reinstall my loop, accidentally knocked out my Vdimm mod, long story. Anyways, I should have the time to get everything back to gether today and will find those mem settings in the next couple of days.

BTW, the "NF2 Tweaker" app is a great idea...especially for those who are "WPCR - challenged". WPCR is definitely not user-friendly...I was planning on posting a guide on how to use WPCRSET w/ pics...hehehehe. Anyways, for best functionality, your NF2 Tweaker should also be able to Save and Load at startup (like WPCRSET).

Originally posted by tictac

ok.... maybe new version will fix this up... any other option to add in? :nod:

The TRC and TRFC settings ? :D

I am missing all latency related, STOPGRANT and maybe further timings :)

Originally posted by AdvModDev

tictac, sorry for the late reply...of course I will help you out. But my system is totally disassembled at the moment...had to reinstall my loop, accidentally knocked out my Vdimm mod, long story. Anyways, I should have the time to get everything back to gether today and will find those mem settings in the next couple of days.

BTW, the "NF2 Tweaker" app is a great idea...especially for those who are "WPCR - challenged". WPCR is definitely not user-friendly...I was planning on posting a guide on how to use WPCRSET w/ pics...hehehehe. Anyways, for best functionality, your NF2 Tweaker should also be able to Save and Load at startup (like WPCRSET).

ok.. u can load it at startup... this tools is Ocers friendly.. dont worry....

hope u can locate the register... :)

:cat:

excourse my utmost stupidity, but can anyone tell me, how to change JUST PCI latency (or even detect it, for start...) on my DFI Lanparty B mobo (nForce2 Ultra 400 I assume)...? :confused:

I asking because the only one PCI device I got (maybe there is way how to ease life of the machine and allow me to disable other PCI slots, unused?) is SB Audigy2zs and it's now into the PCI slot 4 (the only one not sharing any IRC) using latest drivers and tried various things, but as soon I go to 220 or 225Mhz for FSB, it start clicking while playing mp3 JUST and only when I type.

More infos about config/HW/SW there:

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=336919

Suggestions/help much appreciated ;):(

:confused: ...that other slots can be turned off as the IrQ's are in use by SMBuss controller, raid controller, firewire controller and the various LANs.

8rdaVcore 8.5B version will show and allow PCi Latency change during the time of 'one' boot.

You are likely searching for a ghost, but carry on.

Sincerely, RGone...:confused:

Originally posted by uwackme

PCI latency.....

bus0 dev8 func0 offset "1B".... default 32 "20" on later bios's.

Right. 30 is 48clks, 40 is 64clks... more you don't want :D

Sorry Tictac...I won't be able to help you because my mobo has died:( I was trying to solve my high Vcore instability problem and decided to remove my Vcore mod. Well, in my haste and frustration, I did not do the sensible thing and desolder but instead just ripped out the wire from Pin 7. This was a big mistake because also ripped the pin's base pad completely off the board. I tried to solder everything back but it was useless. :(

Had a lot of good and bad times with this board. Guess I'll just use my laptop until 64/939 drop in prices. Good luck with your tweaker app. I'm sure uwackme, SAE, and others are perfectly capable of helping you out. Later DFI, it was nice.

Originally posted by AdvModDev

Sorry Tictac...I won't be able to help you because my mobo has died:( I was trying to solve my high Vcore instability problem and decided to remove my Vcore mod. Well, in my haste and frustration, I did not do the sensible thing and desolder but instead just ripped out the wire from Pin 7. This was a big mistake because also ripped the pin's base pad completely off the board. I tried to solder everything back but it was useless. :(

Had a lot of good and bad times with this board. Guess I'll just use my laptop until 64/939 drop in prices. Good luck with your tweaker app. I'm sure uwackme, SAE, and others are perfectly capable of helping you out. Later DFI, it was nice.

LOL,

the 200% exact same thing happened to me with my dead TW board LOL. I did not believe you would do so, too. Two hasty persons, the same results ;) Try to connect the nearby resistor (follow the trace) and the leg with a wire. Should do it. If not... it's exactly the problem I had.

Sorry that I laughed... I did not mean to hurt your feelings, pal... but to see this same (not to say identical) mistake made by a known member made me smile ;)

My condolences for yar board :angel: (in case you don't get it back to life, otherwise: congrats, I did not get it back :D)