Anyone up for a post a pic of yourself thread?

elts_drac

(Hope this is not a PETA affiliate)

PETA, of course we're part of PETA(People Eating Tasty Animals).

Got my first Deer Roast delivered Sunday morning. Primitive Weapon season has been open for a few weeks and Open Season started this past weekend.

Now I'm just waiting on the Deer Sausage so I can make my famous Bambi Bean Dip.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PETA, of course we're part of PETA(People Eating Tasty Animals).

Got my first Deer Roast delivered Sunday morning. Primitive Weapon season has been open for a few weeks and Open Season started this past weekend.

Now I'm just waiting on the Deer Sausage so I can make my famous Bambi Bean Dip.

Are you revealing recipies?:)

This bad boy went all to sausage. We took only the straps out and even they were tough.

Its hard to find a pic of me that doesn't involve drink :) Just livin up to tradition.

Thats me in the Navy blue :

659622146a1369532172b880687002l-1.jpg

721049676a1509307871b756168101l-1.jpg

721049676a2099765410b560831637l.jpg

438787536a1571574423b26144356l.jpg

659622146a1370109035b566052616l.jpg

No drink here, my babies Christening, plently afterwards though :

721049676a2352646608b685701658l.jpg

More drink :

10320232a2396915014b904156107l.jpg

And if you fall asleep at my house this is what happens :

659622146a732568519b51644978l.jpg

Are you revealing recipies?:)

The technique-

My Buddy an old upright beer cooler that's been modified to age the kill. Once the carcass is dressed out, it spends a week or so aging before being skinned and butchered. A winch at the top makes it easy to suspend the carcass inside the cooler and the temps are slowly raised over the course of the week. The carcass core temp may only be 40F at the end.

This gives the best quality cuts you can imagine.

The recipe-

The deer roast started in the crock pot at 7:00 this morning and is about to come out 11 hours later. Salt, pepper and garlic are the only thing I use. I embed some crushed garlic throughout the roast and cover it with chicken broth from a can. The secret is to set the crock pot so the liquid never boils but is right on the edge.

When it's done, I pull the roast out and put it in a container to hold the heat in. I pour the liquid into a pot and boil cut potatos, carrots and other assorted veggies. I normally have to add water to the pot to make sure the vegies are covered.

30 minutes later, dinner is served.

That's good eatin' Pawpaw!

Rodie I can almost taste it. The roast recipe is close to ours, but you age more than we do (unless we are busy:)) Nothing beats a good venison roast.

Once when we were eating mostly venison and the kids were young, my wife thought it would be nice to slip in a beef roast. My youngest daughter said, "Mom, what's wrong with this roast, it doesn't have any flavor." My thoughts exactly.

We shoot em' with rifles, shotguns, bows and arrows, and muzzle loaders. We spend hundreds ... thousand of dollars planting food plots ... we take pictures of 'em ... we read about 'em ... we talk about 'em ... we plant trees ... we cut trees.

Dang we spend a lot of time doin' deer stuff.

I don't hunt anymore. I simply trade out my computer services now.

When I was younger and my Dad, Uncles, Cousins and Pawpaw were alive it was much different. Dear, Wild Boar, Duck, Squirrel, Coon, Dove, Robin and Alligator were all on the list but over time, as everyone died off, we just stopped going. My last full-on hunting trip was back in 1984. My Pawpaw died the next Spring and I just never went back to the BigTop camp on Blind River in South Louisiana.

Mississippi hunting licenses are back down to their mid-70's levels.

Well, there's always fishing.

You are makin' me sad, but you have many good memories I'm sure. Honestly, my kids keep me going but I'm slowin' up. Now we are starting the grand kids. I like seeing them enjoy it.

You do have a way of sounding like a good book:) Got some Cajun in there somewhere?