Overclocking The Intel Core 2 Duo E4400

List to overclock the Intel Core 2 DUO E4400 2.0 GHz 800 MHz FSB to 3.4 GHz with 1700 MHz FSB on stock cooling,

Need DDR2 PC2-8500 so you can go higher then 1600 plus fsb with ram dividers

FSB at 425*8 which is 3400 MHz speed with 1700 mhz fsb

Ram dividers at 4:5 for to be at 1066 MHz on ram

Core Voltage to 1.5 volt

running 3.4 GHz, if playing games pc will crash cause of high stress, if water cooling you might be ok but not for long

Have fun Overclocking the E4400!

336223.png

Edited by MitEclipse2G

This thread is pointless, not all hardware is the same. If i had the same specs as you i would get different results. Oh and just to point something out, i highly recommend you get better cooling, 3.4Ghz on stock, and a higher voltage the stock is crazy. No wonder your games are crashing that cpu is probably heating up

This thread is pointless, not all hardware is the same. If i had the same specs as you i would get different results. Oh and just to point something out, i highly recommend you get better cooling, 3.4Ghz on stock, and a higher voltage the stock is crazy. No wonder your games are crashing that cpu is probably heating up

This is what I was thinking. You can't just give a formula for maxing out an overclock or everyone would do it. Your mobo and RAM models change the equation just as much, or more so than, the CPU model or stepping. Also, most of us would not consider an overclock stable if you cannot use those settings for everyday use in whatever application you choose. What good is it if you have to mess around in the BIOS so that you can play games? You are on the right track with your methods, but be careful not to tell someone that such and such is exactly what you need to do for this and that result--you don't want to be the one to blame for Mr Greenie Overclock blowing up his brand new rig.