Amd Athlon 64 3300+

cswit

i am trying to overclock my amd athlon 64 3300+

i was wandering about how much this processor cost

i wasl also wansdering how i can overclock this without the bios because it it not allowing me to overclock any thing

its my computer

yes i own the proccessor

i was just wandering how much it cost before i overclocked it

if it was expensive i didnt want to oc it

and wat do u need

its got 512 ram 448 after onboard graphics takes out

win xp

compaq presario sr1463cl

core speed 2411 mhz

12x multiplier

200 mhz bus speed

socket 754

newcastle brand cpu

brand id 4

bios phoenix version 3.07 1/10/2005

anything else?

If your concern about cost is because if you trash it you will have to get another one, you may need to consider actually finding a replacement easily? I am not sure where you are, but socket 754 AMD's in the UK are not that plentiful anymore - just a thought?

well my friend thats why man made google. i typed in amd 3300+ socket 754 and it should be in the top three. know that you have used your only google help line lets move on to the oc question. yes i think all pre-built systems are un-oc-able expect the xps and AW but they are both the same now so it really doesn't matter which one you buy. if you need help buying a case a a new board you could oc that system but it really wouldn't be worth it. what is your gaol for ocing a faster rig or something cause from the system specs it looks like you dont play games on pc

This pc is at my dad's

ALL THE PCS AT MY DADS SUCK

I HATE HIS COMPUTERS

I just wanted to make it faster

My main computer at my moms i play games on

while we are talking do you know anything about win 2k server if you do will you pm me

There shouldn't be such thing as "if this rig is too expensive i'm not gonna overclock it". You won't break it by overclocking. It can't cause any dammage if done properly. Perhaps hurting a bit his life expectency, but I've never heard of a case where it ended up being a problem.

This said, I think it is simply not worth the trouble with what you have presently. You still won't be able to game, and the increase in performance will probably be barely noticeable. Think of it : for what use if you're only browsing the internet ?

Edited by Factioneer

This said, I think it is simply not worth the trouble with what you have presently. You still won't be able to game, and the increase in performance will probably be barely noticeable. Think of it : for what use if you're only browsing the internet ?

:withstupid:

I don't think its worth it to overclock it either. Its probably not possible because its a pre-built system. Also the system is very old even if you could overclock it the performance you would get out of the OC would not help improve anything.