Q6600 Intel P35 Ddr2 800 (pc2 6400) Oc'ing

Alright, im semi new to intel overclocking. Been an AMD fan forever and just rebuilt a new pc using the Q6600. With this motherboard the bios are way different than what im use to and semi lost, maybe someone who has this board could help me out.

Specs,

GIGABYTE GA-EP35C-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35

ZOTAC GeForce 8800 GT 512MB 256-bit

2x GeIL Esoteria 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

Q6600

Theres a small heating problem with the q6600 with full load, probably going to get a new heat sink to keep it down. Here is some screenshots of what i did so far and bio settings to show you what i mean, very unfamiliar with setup.

033ki6.th.jpg

034fv9.th.jpg

54652619da4.th.jpg

In bios i change Ram X back to 2.0

Edited by insaneblinga

almost 100 views and nothing.....

keep the ram on 2.0 this is the fsb strap...you'll get the most performance that way....

just leave the memory stuff on auto and see how far you can go....

was there really a question in the 1st post...? temps will be higher but fine....65c is the max you'll want to go...

I've got the non "E" board, although i'm lost at what the actual question was?

One thing i did notice, was that your PCI-E setting was auto (change that to 100mhz locked) it might be increasing that to get stable.

I'm guessing those settings aren't stable? or maybe they are but anything above isn't?

One thing would be to relax the timings on that memory, drop them to 2.0 and play around with different setup's ie. maybe a higher multiplier and less FSB.

What exactly is the problem? :)

LOL, I feel your pain. Setting the mem to 2 is 1:1 in Gigabite me language (maybe all Intel) go figure ... I'm sure there is a very good reason. :blink:

There is some relationship to the stock multiple/set multiple x FSB that results in the NB strap. So dropping the set multiple actually bumps the strap. I don't quite have my pea brain around that yet in real world application. It could get our 800 RAM reaching new highs but I'm still at 820 but happy. I have not tried the lower set multiple. Good news is these all clock like crazy without the user being all that smart (lucky for me).

I was getting foxy with my DS3 and had to clear CMOS which is cleverly hidden under the Video HS so I put off further experimentation for another day and called a 54% OC successful. Patted myself on the back, too.

Thanks for the reply, wasn't much of a question just wanted to know if i was going the right way. It seems to be stable, couldn't prime it because it gets to 71C at full load but its at 48C idle. I will try some try to mess around to see if i can get anything different.

yeah thats when i took the pic its back to +4, i thought i had it stable with ram at 820Mhz and cpu at 2.87 fsb was at 410, Setting works for 3dmark06 scored a 14,187. couldnt really prime test sit idle at 48C once it hit fulls load hits 71 on the dot so dont wanna run it for now. While playing Aoc sits at 64C