X1950xt Vpu Recorey Occured Frequently

I have the following setup.

DFi nF4 Ultra-D

Opteron 165

2x1gb

Sappphire X1950XT with OMEGA driver (based on cat 7.12)

corsair 620W psu.

windows XP pro SP3

i have reinstall windows and all the driver yesterday and played BF2 for 3 hours. then shut down the computer.

i woke up this morning and start the computer has normal. played BF2 and within 5 min the screen went black and sound continued like normal. then pop up windows telling that VPU recovery has occured.

i reboot and same thing happen ...

after my clean install of yesterday (before installing the vga driver) i had ghost my computer. i put the gjost back up and installed the last offcial cat 8,5. again same thing happen

i took off the video card, put out the coller check for thermal pase, clean it off, and put some new MX2 thermal paste. but hell its still doing the same thing.

this does not occured only in BF2. running the artefact scan of ATI tool does the same thing has well has Age of mythologie, and all Source base game ...

in fact i have no more idea what to test.

does my card seems to be faulty??

I'm having some issues since installing the 8.5 drivers.....black screen during 3dmark06.....froze during oblivion and did a freeze when trying a little OC on my x1900xtx.....with 8.3 my system was running fine. I have heard others are having some issues with these drivers.

Try uninstalling 8.5....clean up properly with Drive Cleaner Pro and then re-installing 8.3. I have a feeling it maybe the driver!

I'm having some issues since installing the 8.5 drivers.....black screen during 3dmark06.....froze during oblivion and did a freeze when trying a little OC on my x1900xtx.....with 8.3 my system was running fine. I have heard others are having some issues with these drivers.

Try uninstalling 8.5....clean up properly with Drive Cleaner Pro and then re-installing 8.3. I have a feeling it maybe the driver!

i will try that tonight and post back my result

thank you