Cross Platform Gaming

cirro

so... does anyone know if i can play any games on my vista ultimate pc with xbox live gamers ?

is it seriously limited to those 4 games? i just wanna play cod4 mainly :D but all my friends use it on 360

It looks lame though to play cross-platform. You can only do it with the "gold membership" which is $50/yr. I already pay $35/mo for my cable modem so I can play online games. Doesn't seem worth it, even if it had CoD4.

is it seriously limited to those 4 games? i just wanna play cod4 mainly :D but all my friends use it on 360

Not only is it limited to those crappy games, but it's also biased towards the console gamers so that they're not embarrassed by the far superior mouse/keyboard combo, assisting them with aiming.

It gives auto-aim to Console gamers? That is such crap!

True Cross-Platform would result in alot of crying console gamers as they get DESTROYED on FPS.

So its only natural that MS dosent really want it happening.

I agree that giving console gamers auto-aim is total horse poo.

Then again, when I usually play with auto-aim off and radar off. Unlike Angry_Games (:P) I actually do really well on console FPS. When I used to play FPS games sometime every week on the console, as long as I could see an arm it didn't matter how far away the person was because they'd go down. Now i'd get eaten alive cuz I don't play like i used to ...heck almost zilch now, but back then I'd welcome that challenge with open arms. I'd love making all the PC Gamers cry because they lost to a lowly pathetic non-keyboard/mouse console gamer. B:)

But I've grown soft, now i'm more of a PC Gamer. <_<

I was watching the GAME HD channel the other day when they had a Xbox360 Gears of War tournament. It was so apparent the lack of precision compared to PC shooters. Even though these were the best of the best, their reaction time and aiming were still slower than even mediocre PC FPSers.

I love Gears of War, great game ...but traditional FPS game it is not. It's more of a FPS-Adventure game.

The characters in that game move like mack trucks. I couldn't imagine doing a FFA tourny in GoW.

Not only is it limited to those crappy games, but it's also biased towards the console gamers so that they're not embarrassed by the far superior mouse/keyboard combo, assisting them with aiming.

well now, don't be too harsh. I mean, is it really a console gamer's fault he's still a baby that can't learn the proper FPS/RTS controls that were invented solely for mouse/keyboard? No sir, the baby gamer (FPS console gamer) has to have things biased his way because of the most important reason ever:

money

see, console games outsell pc games 10:1 up to 50:1 (or 10000000:0 since consoles get a lot of games the pc doesn't lol). If a million people buy COD4, 5 million will buy it on 360 alone. Another 3-5 million on PS3. Etc etc etc.

(that's my partial rant about how much I hate FPS games on a console...and the ONLY reason I hate them is the controller since I grew up playing original Doom/Quake on mouse/kb on my old Pentium 233MMX).

PS to any baby gamers, I apologize (heh, not really...grow up and get some mouse/keyboard learning and leave consoles to music, racing, adventure, and sports games).