Want To Oc A Little More But Running Into Problems

So i got my q9450 at 3.0 ghz on my asus rampage board,what i did was a auto option that lets me choose from a list of processors

i chose thw Q9650 which is clocked at 3.0,that worked fine it is very stable

now when i choose QX9770 to clock at 3.2 ghz it won't boot up giving me over clocking errors,any reason why?i am a noob at this so i used there auto clocker which seems very simple

maybe it will need a bit more VCore to get stable. though the auto clocker is a nice option, when it doesnt work youll have to start doing it manually.

btw: what does the LCD poster say?

now when i choose QX9770 to clock at 3.2 ghz it won't boot up giving me over clocking errors,any reason why?i am a noob at this so i used there auto clocker which seems very simple

You had to know that at some point this was going to stop working. I mean if everyone could just plug in any old chip and tell it to run like a QX9770, why wouldn't they?

Auto-clocking can be fun, but once it fails it's time to either settle for what you had or put on your techie shoes and start learning to do it right. I'd suggest you check out some of the pinned topics in the Overclocking forum as good starting points.

You had to know that at some point this was going to stop working. I mean if everyone could just plug in any old chip and tell it to run like a QX9770, why wouldn't they?

Auto-clocking can be fun, but once it fails it's time to either settle for what you had or put on your techie shoes and start learning to do it right. I'd suggest you check out some of the pinned topics in the Overclocking forum as good starting points.

Lcd poster did not say anything.....but ?? tho even tho i am using the auto clocker can i still set it to run as the QX9770 AND CHANGE THE V CORE MANUALLY?

Lcd poster did not say anything.....but ?? tho even tho i am using the auto clocker can i still set it to run as the QX9770 AND CHANGE THE V CORE MANUALLY?

If you're already getting in there to change vCore, why not just do it right and set the speeds to what you really want?

I'm with Verran on this, if your going to the trouble of changing the Vcore. I'd learn a bit more about what happens with moving the Vcore higher.

Ie. If your running a stock cooler on that Q9450, bumping that Vcore will send those temps flying :)

O heck no i am running a zalman pure copper 92 mm with ar5

also reaper helped me i had to change something in the ram to 800 now it is at 3.2 ghz stable for now still running prime 95,will go for 3.4 next and leave it there

yES OF COURSE but i am going to stop once i don't have to up the voltage,i am not a big over clocker so right now i am very happy with 3.2 i am sure it can hit 3.4 with out changing voltages.

Ok finished prime testing 3.2 stable going for 3.5 now guys,wish me luck

How long did you run Prime? Most people run it for 24 hours to find full stability.

Also, you will have much better luck if you go in smaller steps. Slow down and try jumping 50-100mhz at a time.

Another update finished prime 95,stable at 3.5,i am happy at this speed,i will over clock when i get my antec 1200 maybe =) right now tho it is staying at 3.5,thank you everyone for your input,esp repear who helped me 1 on 1