Recent New Wcer Looking For Feedback

This is only my 2nd loop ever (first one was about 2 weeks ago) so please feel free to critique! Im not thin skinned and would appreciate any comments or advice.

The full system specs are:

X3220 G0 (possibly switch out for an E8400 or a Q6600 G0 - still testing)

EVGA 750i FTW!

8800 GTS G92 - (1 on RMA)

Corsair HX620W

2 X 1GB PC8500 Mushkin Extreme Performance 5-5-4-12

2 X 320GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 Perps RAID 0

D-tek FuZion

MCW-60

2 X PA 120.3

2 X D5 Vario

Tygon R3603 7/16 ID, 5/8 OD

CM690 modded and painted. Dual loops with a PA 120.3 on each. The GPU loop is supposed to be SLI but Im waiting on an RMA for the 2nd card. The CPU loop is going to include the FETs and the NB in the future which is why I have it on its own loop.

The wires need a tad more tidying, and I need to trim my fill lines as well as perhaps reposition the one going to the top pump. I also am going to get some modders mesh and make a cover for the lower right open area which used to be HD bays to cover up the wires stuffed behind there.

:D

P1010046.jpg

P1010045.jpg

P1010044.jpg

P1010043.jpg

P1010042.jpg

ah I see, good idea with the smart-coil!

I'd be worried about using zip-ties on my connections though (I use 1/2" ID hose). It looks like you are using 7/16" ID hose, which yeah, is pretty secure almost not to use any clamping.

Maybe consider replacing the zip-ties with nylon ratchet tightening hose clamps?

Other than that, possibly later on you could add a block for the NB, I imagine it gets fairly hot with volts like the 680i/780i

TY!

No.....no cathodes. Thats just normal sunlight through a window :)

What is everyones thoughts regarading 90degree elbows?

I have read that they are highly restrictive and should be avoided.

I could REALLY clean things up quite a bit by turn the back rad upside down (barbs at the bottom) and using a 90 degree elbow to direct the tube back to the water tubing holes in the back of the case.

Are 90 elbows really bad?

I'd be worried about using zip-ties on my connections though (I use 1/2" ID hose). It looks like you are using 7/16" ID hose, which yeah, is pretty secure almost not to use any clamping.

Maybe consider replacing the zip-ties with nylon ratchet tightening hose clamps?

I'm using zip-ties on 1/2" tubing (even Dan @ DangerDen recommended that I do so) without any issues; they look better than any hose clamps and as long as they're tightened down very well there are no leaks. With 7/16" tubing on 1/2" barbs you really can get by without using any sort of clamping, but using zip-ties (or clamps) is better to be sure the joints are sealed.

What is everyones thoughts regarading 90degree elbows?

I have read that they are highly restrictive and should be avoided.

I could REALLY clean things up quite a bit by turn the back rad upside down (barbs at the bottom) and using a 90 degree elbow to direct the tube back to the water tubing holes in the back of the case.

Are 90 elbows really bad?

With your setup you wouldn't have any issues with adding a few elbows. The restrictiveness of the elbows can be a problem with lower power pumps, but the D5 can easily handle just about anything you throw at it.

How's that motherboard working out for you, I'm thinking about getting that one myself, and it'd be nice to hear from someone on here what they thought of it.

I don't have any critique on your case other than it looks great!

The mobo is tough for me to review, since I am still waiting on my 2nd GPU RMA which should arrive early next week.

There have been a good few BIOS updates and fixes since I bought this board a few weeks ago, and it is constantly improving.

All of the marketing and hype about "EXTREME CPU AND MEMORY OVERCLOCKING" is pure bull crap though.

I have my X3220 as well as my Q6600 both at a max 24/7 of 3600 mhz, just like any of the P35s boards so doing that on an Nvidia chipset is certainly a good thing, but unlike other mobos where you can bench at higher than your 24/7 3600 mhz is pretty much where this mobo stops for me on any Kentsfield.

I can boot at up to 4Ghz, but as soon as I run ANY application it either freezes or reboots and thats even with 1.7v! Additionally, there are/were SATA/RAID issues necessitating that if you run RAID you need a PATA CD/DVD drive, but there are some usable workaround to avoid that. There are a few other problems that end users are reporting on the EVGA forums as well.

All in all, I would have to say I would not recommend this board unless it fits a specific need for you.

Within a few short weeks the EVGA 780i FTW will be released which hopefully we be a bit better. At least it has a build in NB water cooled option but I also heard that the barbs are 3/8" and not 1/2" :(

We shall see.......

Edited by Dawgdoc