First Build, Need Help.

FatalMelody

hi, so im not that good in hardware, but i want to buy this week (my birthday) a new computer, like i said im not that good so here it is, please tell me if i can improve anything, the computer is for OC and hardcore gaming. budget about 1000-1150 dollers.

INTEL CORE 2 QUAD S775 2.66GHz Q9450 BOX (Procecer)

Abit IP35-PRO XE 1600FSB P35 Chipset LGA775 Intel CPU (MotherBoard)

G.Skill DDR2 4096MB 1000MHZ 2GX2 Dual Channel Kit CL5 (Memmory Cards)

Scythe 120mm MINEBEA 1600rpm x2 (Two Chasis Fans)

Gigabyte Gforce 8800gts 320mb ( i know it sucks, but i already have it). (Graphic Card)

Thermalright Ultra -120 eXtreme+ ARCTIC COOLING MX2 Free (Procecer heatsink + Fan)

Cooler Master RC-690 No Power Supply ATX Mid Tower Case (Chasis)

CORSAIR HX 520W PSU (Power Supply)

I dont need hard drive,screen,keyboard,mouse,speakers and all of that, just what i wrote.

thnx for your help.

Scythe 120mm MINEBEA 1600rpm x2 (Two Chasis Fans)

I've heard very good things about Yate Loon fans. They're very quiet and all that. If you're going to be OC-ing, you may find yourself cranking the airflow from time to time and being able to hear yourself think is always a good thing....

Just sayin'...

R.

Edited by RichMayo

Thats the older version of the GTS (320/640mb versions), which have bench'd a bit slower then the 8800GT. Still great cards, but the 512mb version (ie based on the G92 like the 8800GT, is much faster)

Not sure about the CoolMaster, think someone said it wasn't good. But is better than SHAW.

I have the coolermaster cm-690 .... its a great case.

The rest of the pc look like a good build as well.