Age Of Conan

p8baller07

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AoC looked interesting but I agree with Verran, I also don't like the combo moves, it makes the game play not very fast pace. You do a combo and wait 5 seconds for him to do all this fancy foot work. In wow you can throw down different abilities fast and really have the upper hand over another opponent by being able to do so.

I call bull on this one... I've played beta PvP and it's nowhere near a slow-paced game. the combo system is a great feature and is nowhere sluggish or time-consuming to use - besides that fact, if you learn how to use all your combos right - you can get fatalities which actually buff your team-mates around you (adrenaline rush sort of). I actually thought the game was going to be slow before I actually got into the PvP beta and was just amazed. So I guess for the nay sayers here - guess it's your lose.

Yes, children will flock to this game because of nudity,gore etc etc - but thank god they hate PvP servers, so they will keep their lil asses on the regulars most alikely. Also, every MMO out to date now is about $14.99/mo - it's call inflation. I believe it's only korean MMO's and a couple very old ones that are still $9.99. (then you have like guild wars and what-not for free).

also, the combat and magic system in AoC is ingenius and will revolutionize the way future MMO's will be created - you wont understand what i'm talking about intill you actually play this game.

In any case, I still think $15/month is too high. WoW can be as low as $13/month I believe. I haven't heard any tiered structure for AoC. That's not to say there won't be one, but I'm just going by the information that I've heard thus far.

http://community.ageofconan.com/wsp/conan/...p;table=CONTENT

North America & Oceania

Monthly Per Month Total

1 Month 14.99 USD 14.99 USD

3 months 13.99 USD 41,97 USD

6 months 12.99 USD 77.94 USD

Yes, children will flock to this game because of nudity,gore etc etc - but thank god they hate PvP servers, so they will keep their lil asses on the regulars most alikely.

In my experience, PvP servers always have a much higher percentage of children and jerks. I've dumped a LOT of time into several MMOs, and I've always found that the PvP crowds have a lower average maturity. Don't get me wrong, I've always enjoyed PvP, but I'm just speaking in averages.

^ I agree, PVP servers got alot of e-ego people on them or atleast WoW had alot of them. Thank god i kicked that, I doubt very much i'll even fathom buying this game. It's probably amazing, but there is no way i'm paying $150 a year to play a game again. I'll stick to my RTS/FPS again :)

In my experience, PvP servers always have a much higher percentage of children and jerks. I've dumped a LOT of time into several MMOs, and I've always found that the PvP crowds have a lower average maturity. Don't get me wrong, I've always enjoyed PvP, but I'm just speaking in averages.

Regular servers, in my experience, seemed to get MUCH more of the 12 year old crowd, with trade chat full of "YO MOMMA SO" jokes, and whining about AV. On PvP servers, it was just the latest murloc movies.

However, regarding jerks and ego crap, I sadly have to agree. Even RP-PvP servers were full of Mary Sues and terrible roleplayers. But that's all a part of MMOs these days, sadly.

CanadaGUY, I'm sure you spend more than that on soda, chips, and things that last about five or ten minutes each year.

Regular servers, in my experience, seemed to get MUCH more of the 12 year old crowd, with trade chat full of "YO MOMMA SO" jokes, and whining about AV. On PvP servers, it was just the latest murloc movies.

However, regarding jerks and ego crap, I sadly have to agree. Even RP-PvP servers were full of Mary Sues and terrible roleplayers. But that's all a part of MMOs these days, sadly.

CanadaGUY, I'm sure you spend more than that on soda, chips, and things that last about five or ten minutes each year.

The RP server I was playing on was much, much better in terms of community than the PVE and PVP servers Ive played a bit on. The thought of "nerds pretending to be their character" seems to scare off little kiddies.

I was hoping the M rating would keep the kids away, but its probably going to the exact opposite.

My last post I was saying I have some odd feeling the game is going to be a letdown. I think Im going to take that back. Im not sure if its going to be the next WoW, but from the couple of people who are playing the beta it doesnt seem to be that bad. The mounted combat looks pretty fun from the videos Ive seen, and even the one foot combat looks like a refresh. I burnt out playing characters who swing swords, but this game looks like its going to breath new life into that setup.

Edited by SMeeD

Sadly, game ratings just give a vague idea of what kind of content the game will have. Most parents won't bad an eyelid at "Nudity" on the ESRB rating.

You're dead on about the RP scaring off kiddies. Even friends at school get weirded out by such things... then again, they know I play mostly female characters :lol:.

well first off, i'm not defending AoC - if you dont care for it, so be it... But to everyone that is flaming on the game and hasn't played beta or read very little on the information shouldn't be a critic. it doesn't matter what game it is, crysis, CoD4, GTA4, AoC, LOTRO, etc etc - there is ALWAYS gonna be immature kids comming in and ruining it. You take the good with the bad and get over it. There's always been kids on games since they were invented, you are just finding out because of teamspeak and vent. Before when it was chat, you would just think "OMG that guy is crazy funny HAHA" and not think of it.

ok to badger's quote - http://community.ageofconan.com/wsp/conan/...p;table=CONTENT

they are becomming very strict with roleplaying as you can see.. I believe they will even get stricter if people in the forums want it to be, which I have no problem with.. it's just one more reason the kids will stay out of RP-PvP.

Also not all the immature kids will just flock to this game and stay - the combat system is nothing like WoW, you actually have to stay focus 24/7 when doing combos and even positioning yourself. Alot of kids wouldnt put up with a combat system like this just for nudity, so i'm not really worried for "all" these "so-called" kids comming to AoC. And if there is a stupid few running around as a girl topless, i'll just gank them - that's why it's PvP.

Besides that fact, We do have some underage people in our guild, but all of them have been on vent and flashchat (i've also played PvP weekend with a few of them) and they all seem mature and when it was time to be serious, they were..

So you can have your own opinions, i'm just speaking the truth seeing how I probably research it and played alot more then anyone else here except for "maybe" the topic starter. you can call me bias, but i'll just call you not open to new experiences.. *opens the door* you can come in anytime..

well first off, i'm not defending AoC - if you dont care for it, so be it... But to everyone that is flaming on the game and hasn't played beta or read very little on the information shouldn't be a critic. it doesn't matter what game it is, crysis, CoD4, GTA4, AoC, LOTRO, etc etc - there is ALWAYS gonna be immature kids comming in and ruining it. You take the good with the bad and get over it. There's always been kids on games since they were invented, you are just finding out because of teamspeak and vent. Before when it was chat, you would just think "OMG that guy is crazy funny HAHA" and not think of it.

ok to badger's quote - http://community.ageofconan.com/wsp/conan/...p;table=CONTENT

they are becomming very strict with roleplaying as you can see.. I believe they will even get stricter if people in the forums want it to be, which I have no problem with.. it's just one more reason the kids will stay out of RP-PvP.

Also not all the immature kids will just flock to this game and stay - the combat system is nothing like WoW, you actually have to stay focus 24/7 when doing combos and even positioning yourself. Alot of kids wouldnt put up with a combat system like this just for nudity, so i'm not really worried for "all" these "so-called" kids comming to AoC. And if there is a stupid few running around as a girl topless, i'll just gank them - that's why it's PvP.

Besides that fact, We do have some underage people in our guild, but all of them have been on vent and flashchat (i've also played PvP weekend with a few of them) and they all seem mature and when it was time to be serious, they were..

So you can have your own opinions, i'm just speaking the truth seeing how I probably research it and played alot more then anyone else here except for "maybe" the topic starter. you can call me bias, but i'll just call you not open to new experiences.. *opens the door* you can come in anytime..

Much applause for you. After reading their RP rules, I'm just about positive I'll be rolling on an RP or RP-PvP server. It's great to see that they're being strict about it. Now if they'll ban anyone who says "<race/clan/people/monsters> killed my parents when I was only a child, I've been raised by kind strangers ever since," the game would be perfect in that aspect.

This may be the game I get with my new system. I wanted a MMORPG but I had played WoW in the past, got to Lvl 60 in apprx 50-60hrs i think and then it got boring to log on to do the highest level stuff. Hopefully they have a demo so I can save cash if it's not something I will play.