Ga-ep35-ds4 With Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme

Zarius

I'm currently looking at building a second gaming system, and have determined that I want to use the GA-EP35-DS4 motherboard with an Intel E8400 CPU. I already have one system using a Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme (on a GA-965p-DS3) and I'm extremely happy with this cooler. I've read though that the GA-EP35-DS4 comes with a pipe cooling system that includes the chipset, and to add the Ultra 120 you need to remove the entire assembly.

Is there another Thermalright that would be better suited for this build so that I wouldn't need to remove the cooling unit provided by gigabyte, or if I should stick to the Ultra 120, is there a nice chipset cooler that I can use with it, that would allow both to fit well on the GA-E35-DS4?

Any help would be appreciated. I've picked out all my components, but I really need to determine my cooling solution before I start order parts, and given the cost of these coolers I'd hate to order and find out it's not feasible for my build.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Zarius.

Ok thanks, I was simply going by the Thermalright website, and it said you need to remove the silentpipe if using the Ultra 120 eXtreme on a GA-EP35-DS4. Thanks for info.

Regards,

Zarius.

I have the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme on a GA P35 DQ6 rev. 1.0 and it clears. I also have them on GA P35 DS4 rev. 2s and 2.1 and there is no problem...

P_p35dq6_001.jpg

dq6_silentpipe.jpg

i had a prob. with my 780i and my zalman 9700 heatsink it has a giant grill and i coulnt get the pin down with the northbridge fan on.. in the end if its the parts you want, you sometimes have to custom modify, or well ghettofy.. depends on how picky you are