Would You Buy It Again?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knowing what all you guys know, I passed on buying it completely. So I guess that makes my answer a no. Makes me glad I bought a stable disposable board for half the price!

Well it came today!!! ordered Tuesday from Newegg, here on Thursday!! and it is PCB 2.0 meaning 400Mhz FSB!

Going to try and install now..... if I am not back on in a day or two send the search party!!!!!

Installed like a charm!!!! didn't even have to re-format(but I probably will), just had to do a repair install of XP.

re-install a couple things, but that is better than I expected.

and was able to overclock the system better than ever...

updated the BIOS to 1004 (be careful it looks like 1004 is only for the PCB boards) and had/having probs with MBM and Asus probe... MB temp at 15c and CPU temp at 37c.. CPU temp seems ok compared to old system. but MBM temp seems low... I guess it just measures from a different location than the Gigabyte board.

I'll play more today and let ya'll know what I think (like you care! :P )

These specs of course are for the deluxe, the regualr is missing a couple of things ,400 mhz fsb support(for pcb 2.0 and 1.04-1.06, and a7n8x-x), usb2, firewire, sata raid, dual lan, digital out via spdif, doldy digital 5.1 surround sound, great overclockability. Not to mention overheat protection, asus probe, dual channel ddr support, agp 8x. Thats pretty much all i can remember right now. If anyone else remembers anything else please add.