Oc'ing On A Ga-x48t-dq6 With Q6600

I am having trouble getting a stable OC. I have a Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6, Q6600 and 2GB OCZ DDR 1333. I'm trying to get 3.0 ghz. This is my 2nd attempt at a OC. I had my E6600 at 3.06 on an ASUS P5WDH Deluxe last build. I can't seem to get this one going as easy. Does anyone have a similar setup or offer any suggestions?

RAM I have http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820227244

Thanks

Edited by InCrYsIs

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the link. I thought I had it last night but now it won't even recover. I had to find a jumper to clear CMOS. Hopefully when I get home it will post. If not don't know. i guess it's great bios for a OC pro but not so easy for a nub.

Edited by InCrYsIs

Thanks for the link. I thought I had it last night but now it won't even recover. I had to find a jumper to clear CMOS. Hopefully when I get home it will post. If not don't know. i guess it's great bios for a OC pro but not so easy for a nub.

When mine wont recover I just pull the plug and take a screw driver and short the pins and plug it back in and go at it again....

OP never really said about specific voltages he has tried, what VID of the processor, the RAM he has or the heatsink and tempartures...

All of this information and probably more would be helpful in our assistance of you.

OP never really said about specific voltages he has tried, what VID of the processor, the RAM he has or the heatsink and tempartures...

All of this information and probably more would be helpful in our assistance of you.

No they didn't, I figure that will be coming next after a couple more failed attempts...

I have tried many different settings. Some of them will let me at least get into windows and some won't

I have a Zalman 9700 LED, When I had it @ 3.2 temps running prime95 sat at 56C.It ran for a little bit then locked.

I had the processor at 1.375 volts. I can't remember the others since I tried so many. But that was about the most stable I got it. Most of the other attempts didn't boot.

Also RAM is rated at 1.8 buts runs at 1.5 is +.3 a lot to push from what board gives it. The timings on the RAM are also an issue. What should I push those to?

Edited by InCrYsIs

And what have you been doing with the RAM? What is the RAM Multi set to? What RAM do you Have?

What about RAM Voltage and the other voltages such as North bridge and FSB Voltage? Have you played with RAm timmings at all?

Have you Disabled C1E and Eist and any other setting your board may have that relates to variable CPU Speed?

What program do you use to moniter tempartures?

And what have you been doing with the RAM? What is the RAM Multi set to? What RAM do you Have?

What about RAM Voltage and the other voltages such as North bridge and FSB Voltage? Have you played with RAm timmings at all?

Have you Disabled C1E and Eist and any other setting your board may have that relates to variable CPU Speed?

What program do you use to moniter tempartures?

I have OCZ DDR3 1333 Ram is rated at 1.8 on specs but board reports 1.5

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820227244

I have pushed all the voltages a little but maybe not enough. I pushed the RAM .10 and the others slightly. Ram timings I tired 6-6-6-15 and also leaving auto. I disabled those options.

I use coretemp cpuz all the usuals

Edited by InCrYsIs