P35-ds3r Vdroop Mod And Ocing

Hi guys,

This afternoon I have done this vdroop mod: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showth...cil#post2655717

It works nice, my vcore is even raising a bit when my CPU gets loaded ! (And vdrop is very small now, but this is not the question)

But the problem is that I lost all my stability. Before doing this mod, I was at 3.8 Ghz stable 6h OCCT, with a vcore of 1.46-1.47 idle and 1.41-1.42 load.

Now, there's no more vdroop but when I test with OCCT I get the crapING BLUE SCREEN in the first 2 minutes of test. I tried with different voltages: 1.41-1.42 so the load voltage was the same, and up to 1.48V idle and load, and I still get the blue screen.

Oh, and I tried to test only CPU and I still get the blue screen.

What do you suggest guys ? Is this normal that I have lost my stability ?

If there's no way to fix it, I'll undo my mod (I soldered it lol)

Hey I suddenly got an idea !

Could it be the NB FSB voltages I need to adjust ?

I think no because they were at stock before the mod and it was stable 6h OCCT...but I mention it, it can be valuable information for the one who will help me...

Euh...actually I don't think I can raise the voltage of the sb in the BIOS...

Anyway I'll try the nb but I don't see why it would need more voltage if I only changed the Vcore to get this instability...

Hey you know what ? Now with that vdroop, my Vcore is actuaaly increasing during load ! See yourself. It's weird...

Edit: Forgot to upload the pic...

Edited by The Smith

Interesting...

I was wondering why mobo manufacturers were making vdroop...Now I know that it is useful. But in my case I'm still happy to have made this mod, because instead of idling(maybe 80 % of time, just listening to music) at 1.47V, it is at 1.42V.

Thanks for the link !

Edit: That would be cool if it was an option in the BIOS...!

Edited by The Smith