2 X 2gb Kit?

I am not overclocking my current RAM, it won't do it at all. I am either going to get another 2 x 1GB kit and just keep it at stock speeds or look for a new 2 x 2GB kit. Does anyone have a recommendation for a 2 x 2GB kit at a good price? I was thinking of DDR2 800 or DDR2 1066.

Guest ajmatson

OCZ Reapers are good and not too expensive. I have heard the Mushkin HP2 are great too.

Guest ajmatson

I have the PC2-8500 4GB set and they work great (Have to watch for clearance issues with heatsinks and cases though) but I got them overclocked to 1120MHz @ 2.2v on 5-5-5-18 timings. They are in my Phenom rig full time now.

I have found them for about $93

ANTonline.com

Buy.com

Guest ajmatson

According to the DDR2 Ram List the Reapers and Redlines are supposed to be Micron D9. I also have the redlines and run them at 1111MHz @ 2.1V 5-5-5-12 and they are very stable.

I just ordered a Patriot Extreme Performance Viper Series DDR2 4GB (2 x 2GB) PC2-8500 Enhanced Latency Dual Channel Kit. I had 2 GB of Corsair 800 MHZ but the chips wouldn't OC any higher than 940 stable. Luck of the draw. They will be here tomorrow so I am hoping for good things. As far as I can tell, no one has reviewed these yet so I am taking a gamble.

System Specs.

Coolermaster Conros 1000 with 6 120mm fans

Thermaltake V1 CPU Cooler

Asus P5N-E SLi

E6750 at 3.6 GH

2 X 8800 GT

Audogy 2 ZS

2 X Seagate 250 GB Sata 3 in Raid 0