Havent Built A Half Decent Gaming System In A While

nightsider

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it obviously supports 65nm, but I couldn't comment on 45nm.

Just think: do I really need all that extra stuff? Not when you can use a lot of currently used stuff with it. Lots of people want 2x1TB drives, but do you actually have a NEED to fill that much space, rather than the desire? The same can be said for a lot of stuff. I don't game as much now I am too busy to, so I got a console (insert flaming here), so that I could always be happy a game would play properly. For my PC, I am more concerned with how well the processor and memory perform rather than graphics, which is where a massive chunk is spent!

Consider that the graphics card alone I quoted above, could almost pay for a PS3 brand new. Crazy.

yea thats a good point fox but how many consoles have crysis

How many PCs have MGS4 and GT5? :lol:

And for the record, I've got a Wii, not a PS3, so I'm hardly a fanboy in case you were wondering!

touche fox i walked right into that

Lol, not to worry - I just think each platform presents its own relative merits :) Even the Wii with Smash Bros., Mario Galaxy and Zelda etc.

Let us know what you decide to do.

ive decided to upgrade my old gaming rig

• X2 400+
  • Asus M2N SLI Deluxe
  • 2GB Corsair XMs2 DDR2 Twin2X
  • 88gts 320mb

i have lost one of the ram sticks in a move from my flat mates to my new accommodation.

any ideas on upgrades to this rig?

i would do if i had the cash to blow on an entire new system

You don't need to get a whole new system ... you have an E series C2D ... why not upgrade that rig? You are limiting yourself a lot by sticking with AMD in the current climate - the machine will not last very long (for gaming times anyway) and you'll need to do another upgrade next year ...