Like I Have Soap In My Watercooling

Queenz

Ever since I put my water cooling setup together when the computer is on and the pump it circulating the coolant it turns into suds what the heck is the deal here it keeps bothering me. I layed and tipped the case on it's side and tried different things. Is it the coolant I'm using. It's called PC Pure coolant. I think its probaly the coolant when I shake the bottle of just move it a little it turns into a suds form or something.

Edited by QueenzPCfreak90

:thumbs-up: sounds like you found out the answer before you posted? Did your watercooling system recommend any specific coolant? Are your temperatures low? If they are, unless it is leaking/backing up/causing any problem... try a different coolant or let the good times roll

that sounds like a quality bath tub made product...ill take it!

you may as well have bought Billy Bob's PC Coolant <_<

buy a real additive made for cars like Valvoline Zerex

you may as well have bought Billy Bob's PC Coolant

buy a real additive made for cars like Valvoline Zerex

lol :lol: :lol:

damn now I have to drain this beast. I always hate these parts :bah:

:thumbs-up: sounds like you found out the answer before you posted? Did your watercooling system recommend any specific coolant? Are your temperatures low? If they are, unless it is leaking/backing up/causing any problem... try a different coolant or let the good times roll

I never listen to recommended mainly due to the fact thats a marketing ploy to get you to buy a companies products only.

btw mine is a custom setup it really has no recommended things like a kit would

could be true...but in the event that what they recommended does not work, you can also blame it on them because it was a recommended product. It is good to think of it from a supplier's stand point, but also look at it in the way of covering yourself in case what they "recommend" is faulty.

I never listen to recommended mainly due to the fact thats a marketing ploy to get you to buy a companies products only.

btw mine is a custom setup it really has no recommended things like a kit would

Edited by itsernst

I built my own setup and therefore had no recommendations. but io can tell you that when just thinking about a substance that works as a coolant, you want a substance that can take enormous heat saturation and great turbulence without changing its properties. otherwise cololing is diminished if not elminiated all together. the only thing that does that is Water. It is always mentioned everywhere you go to use 100% distilled water as that will not grow algae and will not become "tainted" just from its own existance. I do add to that a "conditioner" that prevents anything from that actually happening however in case the water isnt as distilled as the jug it came in says. (find it at the grocery store in the water section) and the only thing thats been proven to do that and last over 5 years without change is car antifreeze coolant.

So the two widely known quantities that WILL work in this application is water and a little bit of antifreeze. its what cars use and they have no problems with that at all with pumps and metal heat exchangers jsut like we are using.

im using 90% distilled water + 10% zerex racing coolant additive. you can get it in smaller bottles of just 4 hounces or so from reputable computer parts sellers (i got mine from frozen CPU when they sold that product). you dont need much, just enough to turn the water pink is all you need. (mabye 1/4 to 1/3 bottle). ive had absolutely zero problem using the same water i added in there almost 2 years ago. im OC'd nearly 50% (almost typed OD'd heh) over and on max volts have a load temp of 42c. i think ive added mabye 1 ounce of water due to evaporation over time but thats it.

i would like to see what the bottle of cooloant your using says is in it. :)

Edited by robAP

I'm running PC Pure Coolant.

I was using PC-ICE but the local store doesn't carry it and this stuff is the same price.

I have no air bubbles what so ever. But When I did the Coolant did turn into like a sudsy liquid.

I would check your system for any leaks because I had a small leak on my NB block after I installed it. ( Leak Testing saved me) and the coolant would not turn into a clear liquid until the leak was fixed even after running for 48 hours to bleed the system of air.

This makes quite a bit of sense, if there is a leak, the air coming in/out would cause the coolant to foam. I would look for the leak first before anything.

I'm running PC Pure Coolant.

I was using PC-ICE but the local store doesn't carry it and this stuff is the same price.

I have no air bubbles what so ever. But When I did the Coolant did turn into like a sudsy liquid.

I would check your system for any leaks because I had a small leak on my NB block after I installed it. ( Leak Testing saved me) and the coolant would not turn into a clear liquid until the leak was fixed even after running for 48 hours to bleed the system of air.