Help To Overclock Gforce 8600gt

Betimi.g

Hello guys i buy a Gforce 8600gt its from inno3d the GPU MHZ is 540 memory 400(800)DDR2 and the Shaders 1100 Mhz,so i want to overlock it so much i oc the gpu to 700 mhz memory to 500(1000) and shaders to 1500 i cant OC more the memory than 1000 mhz because the screen on monitor goes black and i cant see nothing i speak with a friend and he say u must change the timings in bios to oc it more than 1000 mhz whaat u can help me :) its that true or not with respect betimi!

Hello guys i buy a Gforce 8600gt its from inno3d the GPU MHZ is 540 memory 400(800)DDR2 and the Shaders 1100 Mhz,so i want to overlock it so much i oc the gpu to 700 mhz memory to 500(1000) and shaders to 1500 i cant OC more the memory than 1000 mhz because the screen on monitor goes black and i cant see nothing i speak with a friend and he say u must change the timings in bios to oc it more than 1000 mhz whaat u can help me :) its that true or not with respect betimi!

wow... is there a sentence there??

really....that is so rambling I don;t have a clue what you are telling or asking....but I am old

Without any tinkering in the bios , it can go max to 690 / 920 - this is stable to max,

Above this u have to give more vol, cooling and stuff.. And as far as i no, 8600gt has no air flow to its rams, if u can fit few heat sinks on them,and a 80mm fan below ,it might to the trick to achieve more O.c!

You can not change video card timings, I never even heard of such a thing (I OCed any vid card I've had up to date). Saif means 920 mem as in DDR920.

If you want to OC more, the only way would be a volt mod, however you'll need good soldering skills to perform one.

You can not change video card timings, I never even heard of such a thing (I OCed any vid card I've had up to date). Saif means 920 mem as in DDR920.

If you want to OC more, the only way would be a volt mod, however you'll need good soldering skills to perform one.

i want to oc more than 500 mhz memory so you want to say i must set more high voltage to get more OC ,who i cant get this voltage to graphic in bios of graphic or in bios of Mother Board

The voltage can only be regulated with a volt mod, which you have to be very good at soldering for, as I said already. If you can not perform one, then you can not OC more than 500MHz on the memory, sorry.

As suggested before, if u are not sure with volt mode, do not attempt a trial error, it will spoil your gpu.

If u are confident with the approach u have in mind, u can take help from few links hu have discribed in details to volt mod a gpu.

Good luck!

You don't BUY a volt mod, you MOD your card! That means, loose warranty etcetera. You can not change the volts of your cards core or memory in the BIOS, you can only do that with an ATI card. In your case, you just can not OC the memory higher.

You don't BUY a volt mod, you MOD your card! That means, loose warranty etcetera. You can not change the volts of your cards core or memory in the BIOS, you can only do that with an ATI card. In your case, you just can not OC the memory higher.

i understand you now i have a brother who is pro in soldering can you find a manual how to work with VOLT mod and i will tell my brother to work for that!