Overclocking E8400 On Striker Extreme

troy5061

I tried the above suggestion and i get to windows but it locks as soon as i get in.

I now have modified my settings at 3.6 to the above settings and my v core is at 1.3v cpuz reads 1.2 and it seems to be stable

Cpu Vtt voltage what should this be at? its the only auto I have left.

even tried

1.4 vcore

nb 1.5

sb 1.5

ht link 1.4

memory 2.1 unlinked @ 800 and it did the same thing.

Im making some headway

1.35v core

1.45nb

1.5sb

ht link 1.4

memory linked at 844

3.8 ghz

Edited by troy5061

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as CPU VTT Voltage. My E8400 likes Voltages slightly higher than the HT link voltage. But this setting really depends on the CPU. I wouldn't go over 1.45V with it though...

Those seem to be good voltages for a start. The SB Voltage is fine, but your going to have to pump up the NB volts more if you want to go any where close to 4.0+ ghz..

What are your temps like now with those Voltages.... NB , SB temps. I can see the CPU temps

Try backing the CPU Vcore to like 1.25V or something and see if you can be stable at 3.6 ghz... I can get 3.6 ghz on stock Voltages.

The E8400's seem to be really picky above the Voltage you run them at. Most people think the more voltage the better the stability, but I noticed with my E8400, if I give it to many volts it'll actually be less stable than if it was undervolted....

Edited by Shadowfactor

As far as CPU VTT Voltage. My E8400 likes Voltages slightly higher than the HT link voltage. But this setting really depends on the CPU. I wouldn't go over 1.45V with it though...

Those seem to be good voltages for a start. The SB Voltage is fine, but your going to have to pump up the NB volts more if you want to go any where close to 4.0+ ghz..

What are your temps like now with those Voltages.... NB , SB temps. I can see the CPU temps

Try backing the CPU Vcore to like 1.25V or something and see if you can be stable at 3.6 ghz... I can get 3.6 ghz on stock Voltages.

The E8400's seem to be really picky above the Voltage you run them at. Most people think the more voltage the better the stability, but I noticed with my E8400, if I give it to many volts it'll actually be less stable than if it was undervolted....

Asus Pc probe says my mobo temp is 36C

That is at 3.8ghz

1.35 v core

1.45NB

1.5SB

1.35 HTT

Ill set the VTT at 1.4

What do think for a starting point for NB voltage to get 4.0

I'd say 1.5-1.6V depending how much Vdroop your board gives....

680i's are Volt-hungry when trying to get over FSB's of 400 +

No luck....it really doesnt want to give up that extra 200mhz. I tried

1.35-1.4 vcore

1.5sb

1.5,1.55,1.6nb

vtt 1.4

ht link 1.35,1.4

no luck it either wont post or will freeze loading windows. I think its something with my ram because even at 3.6 or 3.8 running the ram over 850 causes it to either not post or crash.

Its now at

3.8ghz

1.3vcore 1.2 in cpuz

nb 1.45

sb 1.5

ht link 1.35

vtt 1.4

I really appreciate all your help with this Im still shooting for 4.0 but 3.8 is very good and I can live with it as it looks like I may have to lol and 200mhz is probly not worth pushing the board that hard. You were definetly right about the cpu voltage 1.3 and its running good, Im going to dual orthos it tonight. Should I go any lower??? :ph34r:

Edited by troy5061

well for 4.0 ghz you prolly need to bump the Vcore up to like 1.375-1.4V in the bios.

The Vcore I gave you was just a starting point, you can move any of the Voltages. Move them one at a Time and see how it affects your stability.

Im going to keep trying. Thanks for all the help. Its going to be a trial and error process that will take some time, but I saved my oc profile the way it is as a good starting point.

I think theres a fsb hole, I can get 4.2ghz but it fails orthos after 2 seconds.

I tried with these settings.

1.3375vcore

1.5nb

1.6sb

1.35htt

1.4vtt

any higher on the nb and it wouldnt boot into windows and any lower on the sb and it would freeze up....maybe I need some more cooling on the nb and sb

• 3 weeks later...