Going to try the Dtek Pro Mount and Quad Nozzle this time

road-runner

Since I got the loop all apart I decided to go with the new Pro Mount and the Quad Nozzle . For those that know what they are looking for you can see the nozzle inside. This mount is supposed to help improve air flow around the socket area, it bolts on from the bottom side...

dsc00121wb2.th.jpg

dsc00123tw4.th.jpg

dsc00124zq9.th.jpg

hmm, that looks like it would leave a bit more space for cooling the mosfets by air...

I'm using the Quad nozzle and it appears to be working very well :)

Are you using the washer also steve? I used the washer also this time, the only reason I did not try the nozzle kit the first time is there were none at that time. I went ahead and put a MCW30 on the Northbridge, I did not like Gigabytes stock cooler with a thermal pad on it. I hope it will cool it, its a little smaller than the x38 IHS they have on there.

Yep I'm using the washer... I'm sure the MCW30 will be totally fine... I mean, the die size is nothing compared to the MCW30's base

How are you cooling your mosfets? Or don't they get so hot on the P35-DS4? On my DFI 680i, they get red hot on air, like I burnt a knuckle on a Thermalright HR-09S... So I'm just about to insert a MIPS mosfet block into my PA120.3 loop

Yep I'm using the washer... I'm sure the MCW30 will be totally fine... I mean, the die size is nothing compared to the MCW30's base

How are you cooling your mosfets? Or don't they get so hot on the P35-DS4? On my DFI 680i, they get red hot on air, like I burnt a knuckle on a Thermalright HR-09S... So I'm just about to insert a MIPS mosfet block into my PA120.3 loop

On the P35 I was using the stock heatpipe cooler. I guess I will use some RAM sinks. Here are some pictures of how the MCW-30 fits, and some almost finish pictures...

dsc00127ea9.th.jpg

dsc00128dd3.th.jpg

dsc00129pm2.th.jpg

dsc00130sm7.th.jpg

dsc00131jo0.th.jpg