E8400 Overclocking On DFI Blood Iron

jammin

Are you sure it's not the RAM holding you back? Cause from the info you just gave, it seems as if you keep the RAM at 1.95V's, which surely is very low for the orange GeIL sticks! Mine back when I had them needed 2.1-2.2V's to get anywhere, but then again those were the old revision with Micron ICs...

I'd try giving the mem some juice, especially if you're running it 450MHz @ 4-4-4-12! :O

[Ninja-Edit] Also, have you disabled the first 4 options in the CPU Feature menu?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, first 4 options disabled.

The RAM ticks along fine at 1.95v @ 450MHz 4-4-4-12 when running 3600MHz, is there any reason to believe it would be unstable at 430MHz?

(I think I have tried loosening timings as well, which didn't help).

I suppose it can't hurt to give them more voltage. They are rated to 2.3v after all.

No, no I'm not. :lol:

I have tried some lower multi runs as well (I had the same thought as you), but ran into similar problems.

I have even tried out the 8.5 multiplier.

Massive FSB hole seems unlikely to me, especially as stability still goes up with increases in CPU voltage.

I'm just looking for an alternative to dumping a ridiculous level of voltage through it to get anywhere near 4GHz.

Anyone else have any suggestions? I'm really running out of ideas.

Yep, first 4 options disabled.

The RAM ticks along fine at 1.95v @ 450MHz 4-4-4-12 when running 3600MHz, is there any reason to believe it would be unstable at 430MHz?

(I think I have tried loosening timings as well, which didn't help).

I suppose it can't hurt to give them more voltage. They are rated to 2.3v after all.

One way to rule the RAM out, is perhaps getting hold of some that you know has better chips guaranteed. The GeIL Oranges I have are a mix of 2x Micron and 2xnon-micron and the non-micron are nothing but trouble :(

With DDR2 at such low prices ... worth a shot?