The almighty overclocking chip

I'm rolling out the clocks. I'm taking it step by step as you should when you over clock.

Here's a 4 ghz clock speed 32 mb SUPER PI stable

will test with orthos tonight

Cpu set @ 1.398V in bios

running 1:1 divider @ 900 mhz 4-4-4-17

Not really sure how much farther the ram will go before i have to loosen timings. I had to push 2.28V to get this OC stable.

e840040ghzstablejj4.th.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not trying to brag or anything but my E8400 does 32m superPi in 15mins at 3.0ghz stock everything....are you sure you dont have something running in the background because it sure seems that way bud.

lol..and it was 4.358 phillie boy and that was with my 40.00 adata sticks. i have crucial on the way :P

I'm hitting a stupid FSB hole for anything higher than 4.0 ghz to 4.6 ghz. Lets me post at 4.6 ghz

I'm going to follow HArdNRG's post and reflash my bios and see if I can get into this FSB hole.

Matt post some screen shots I wanna see you memory settings and timings as well as Super PI scores

I'm at work right now bud but i will when i get home in a few hours. yeah im having major bios problems too as well as alot of other people who have the ip35 pro mobo. i' hoping to get my right to 4.6-4.7 for the warz after i get my new memory

I haven't done enough fiddling yet to see if there are any issues.

I did have to update the BIOS to get the thing to recognise the E8400, but it has been fine since I did that.

Just need to explore the myriad of settings to tweak in the BIOS now (this is my first DFI board, so the amount of memory tweaks etc. is a little daunting at the moment).

Edited by jammin

no why would you ? The E8400 is a 9x mutli .....

Only the E8500 is 9.5X currently.

and setting wise , DFI lanparty boards are normally tweak central as far as options go.

i'm waiting for a new bios from DFI with less FSB holes. I think im stuck at 4.0 ghz because of this no post . at anything higher