does this kit still pack a punch?

nightsider

The only problem i see if the lack of a larger radiator, I would say at least dual 120x240 for a CPU + VGA setup, I personally use that alone for my CPU and a dedicated 120 for my VGA...well...I did, still havent mounted the block on the 88 as I havent had time to dig out heatsinks for the rest of the card :)

EDIT actually the block doesnt list compatability with the 8 series and with my block it's not compatable with the older 8 series cards, but is with the 8800gt (requires a different hold down bracket) so I would guess a similar situation of not fitting.

I would try and stay away from the DD water blocks, as they don't seem to perform as well as their counterparts IE the Fuzion. I've especially noticed sub par performance in the 939 water blocks.

Just my opinion.

You're going to need a bigger and better radiator than that dual 120 black ice other wise you're going to see very high temps. Especially if you're going to include a video card in that mix.

Edited by DeAdLy_MaNgO

I would try and stay away from the DD water blocks, as they don't seem to perform as well as their counterparts IE the Fuzion. I've especially noticed sub par performance in the 939 water blocks.

Just my opinion.

You're going to need a bigger and better radiator than that dual 120 black ice other wise you're going to see very high temps. Especially if you're going to include a video card in that mix.

:withstupid: I would stay away from them also....

The TDX does not cool that bad. Just to verify the performance of it I bought a swiftech Apogee GT to see if there really was a performance difference. None. Next stop will be a Fusion to make another comparison. But so far no difference.

The TDX does not cool that bad. Just to verify the performance of it I bought a swiftech Apogee GT to see if there really was a performance difference. None. Next stop will be a Fusion to make another comparison. But so far no difference.

Ccokeman have you had a chance to compare it to a Swiftech Apoge GTX? Petra says the Apogee GTX water-block is to the Apogee GT what Saleen is to the Ford Mustang. Says it gets 1