Tool loud case

xPETEZx

Hi Guys,

I run the Rig in Sig as my main machine, and it sits on the desk right next to me.

It has 4x 120mm Antec fans controller by a Zalman fan controller.

However, the 8800GTS has stock cooling on it, and the PC P & P has its fans.

The computer seems really loud to me. Any suggestion on how to quiet it down?

Any GOOD fan controllers? With LCD Fan speed red out, but knobs for each fan that work instantly NOT based on RPM.

All the controllers with RPM read out I have had, have always based the speed of the fan on RPM, so slowing and speeding the fans takes FOREVER.

I would like a soloutin with 4 knobs, you turn the knob down, the fan slows that instant. But for it to still display the fan RPM and Temp of 4 probes.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Well, the first recommendation I would make is to figure out WHAT is too loud. For example, if it's the video card or PSU, then a fan controller isn't going to do you any good. My (extremely low-tech) way of doing this is going into my case and manually stopping every fan (that I can) one at a time by pushing on the center of the blade with my finger. This will quickly tell you which one(s) is the culprit and you can solve the problem from there.

Also, if your four case fans are already on a controller, why are you looking for another? I understand that you want the RPM readout, but why? I mean it's kinda pretty, but what good does that do you? The knob will tell you what speed it's at (0-100%), and IMO that's all you need. And if you turn those four down, does the noise go away?

My bet is that it's probably the video card or CPU cooler, as those are usually the loudest. The PSU is probably very quiet. Most decent PSUs are.

My (extremely low-tech) way of doing this is going into my case and manually stopping every fan (that I can) one at a time by pushing on the center of the blade with my finger. This will quickly tell you which one(s) is the culprit and you can solve the problem from there.

I thought I was the only one that did that. :D

My (extremely low-tech) way of doing this is going into my case and manually stopping every fan (that I can) one at a time by pushing on the center of the blade with my finger. This will quickly tell you which one(s) is the culprit and you can solve the problem from there.

Just the way I do it :D Easy and cost efficient as well :P

Like Verran said, I don't think you need a new controller...my money is that the noise is your video card cooler, the stock ones can be extremely loud. Also, what cooler do you have on your CPU?