System build - low budget

TheSaw

Hy, i wanna build a new pc, and i would like some help pciking the components for it :)

Here are my picks, feel free to comment on them, etc.

CPU Intel Core 2 Duo E6550, 2333 MHz, Socket LGA775, 4096K, bus 1333, 0 065u, BOX, Dual CORE, ( Intel EM64T, VT )

Well i either buy this or the e4500 and OC a bit.... can't decide

MB Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L, Core 2 Quad P35, LGA775, FSB 1333, ATX, 1xPCI-E x16, 3 PCI-x, 3 PCI, Dual DDR2-800, 6xS-ATAII, SB 8ch&GBLan

A randomly selected mobo, with IP35 chipset...

DIMM 2Gb DDR2, PC-6400, 800MHz, Geil, CL5, (5-5-5-15) ( Kit 2 x 1Gb ), Radiator

or

DIMM 2Gb DDR2, PC-6400, 800MHz, Geil, Ultra CL4, (4-4-4-12), Radiator Aluminiu, ( Kit 2 x 1Gb, SPD Dual Channel )

There is a 15$ difference between the two, is it worth it?

HDD WDigital, 160 GB, 7200rpm, 8Mb, Serial-ATA II 300, WD1600AAJS

Randomly selected HDD ~ 160GB

VC Gigabyte GV-RX385256H, ATI Radeon HD3850, 256Mb, DDR3, PCI Express, ( 256 bit ), TV-OUT, DVI, Fansink, HDCP

The cheapest 3850. I would go for some 8800 but there is quite a difference in the price... not really motivated to switch :/

Also, there is the 3850, the 512 mb version, a bit more expensive, but i don't think it would make a huge difference.

Case Delux MF468, ATX, 450W, 5 25X4, 450(H)X192(W)X445(D), black silver, USB

Well initially i wanted the Antec NSK4480, but it's price is tripple, and i don't know if it's worth it. I could maybe put a fan (120) on the case for better airflow.

I also inted to OC the cpu slightly, would this case and the stock cooler provide the temerature needed?

The total is around 750$.

Thx, i'm open to any suggestions.

Edited by TheSaw

How about this:

Intel E6750 C2D 2.66Ghz ($190)

DFI BloodIron P35-T2RL ($112)

eVGA 8800GT 512MB PCIe 2.0 ($250)

Crucial Ballistix 2x1GB DDR2-800 4-4-4-12 ($75 - $25 MIR)

Hitachi Deskstar P7K500 250GB 7200RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s HDD ($64)

Fortron 500W ATX2.2 Power Supply ($70 - $10 MIR)

Cooler Master Centurion5 ATX Mid-Tower ($45 - $25 MIR)

Total: $806 - $60 MIR = $746

Same total, same parts... WAY better system :)

Ok, that is impressive. No comments :O

The only problem is newegg doesn't ship to my country (Romania - EU) :D

So why are these parts are so cheap here, and how could i buy them from my country? :/ I would insta-buy if i could get them at that price :(

Edited by TheSaw

yep, it's america so the stuff is dirt cheap (hence the big proformance diff)

As for the rig. Make sure you get a psu which doesnt come with the case, get the cheaper ram because it will make practically no difference, however you should maybe get a 512mb 3850 depending on what res you are using (over 1280x1024, you will see benifits compared to 256, that res and under 256 is fine)

Ok, that is impressive. No comments :O

The only problem is newegg doesn't ship to my country (Romania - EU) :D

So why are these parts are so cheap here, and how could i buy them from my country? :/ I would insta-buy if i could get them at that price :(

Ouch. Yeah, I probably should have figured there was a reason for the high total, but without links or a location in your profile, you just never know :(

In that case, the system looks pretty good. I don't know what they're charging you for that Geil, but keep an eye out for cheaper ram. Ram is DIRT cheap right now (maybe not as cheap for you, but should still be cheap). On top of that, there's a lot of cheap kits out there with great OC chips in them. The Ballistix are a great example of that, if you can find them.

Also, try not to go with a PSU that comes with the case. Included PSUs are usually junky, and as a rule I'd say not to trust them.

But the DS3L is a good board, and the 3850 is a good card. So for the parts alone, it looks good. As for price, it's really hard to say without knowing your market better. Also, I don't know what the rules would be for ordering from other countries. Maybe some of the Euro folks can be of more help in tracking down good prices or places to shop. I'm an arrogant American, so all I know are American prices and sites :P

Well i crapin envy you for being an arrogant American. That newegg is just unbelievable.

Anyways, the site i am ordering from is www.intend.ro It's in romanian, but there is a search (Cautare) and u can switch the price to usd. (If u have 5 mins to check the products :) )

So, the prices:

CPU Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 $188.27

MB Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L $100

DIMM 2Gb DDR2, PC-5300, 667MHz, Geil DDR2 $49.67

DIMM 2Gb DDR2, PC-6400, 800MHz, Geil, CL5 $53

DIMM 2Gb DDR2, PC-6400, 800MHz, Geil, Ultra CL4 $64

HDD WDigital, 160 GB, 7200rpm, 8Mb, Serial-ATA II 300 $56

VC Gigabyte GV-RX385512H, ATI Radeon HD3850, 512Mb $204.44

Plus the case and cooling + 19% tax.

So if i buy these, could i buy a cheap case and separate source, a 120mm fan for the case, and use the stock cooling for the cpu?

Will it be enough for the drain / heat?

Thx again for your time :)

Well i crapin envy you for being an arrogant American. That newegg is just unbelievable.

Anyways, the site i am ordering from is www.intend.ro It's in romanian, but there is a search (Cautare) and u can switch the price to usd. (If u have 5 mins to check the products :) )

So, the prices:

CPU Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 $188.27

MB Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L $100

DIMM 2Gb DDR2, PC-5300, 667MHz, Geil DDR2 $49.67

DIMM 2Gb DDR2, PC-6400, 800MHz, Geil, CL5 $53

DIMM 2Gb DDR2, PC-6400, 800MHz, Geil, Ultra CL4 $64

HDD WDigital, 160 GB, 7200rpm, 8Mb, Serial-ATA II 300 $56

VC Gigabyte GV-RX385512H, ATI Radeon HD3850, 512Mb $204.44

Plus the case and cooling + 19% tax.

So if i buy these, could i buy a cheap case and separate source, a 120mm fan for the case, and use the stock cooling for the cpu?

Will it be enough for the drain / heat?

Thx again for your time :)

Honestly, those prices don't look that high. The motherboard is about the same price you'd pay here, and $50ish for the ram is pretty much normal here too. The hard drive is very reasonable, and even the 3850 isn't more than maybe $20-$30 more than you'd pay here. But I did check and the E6750 was about $250 on your site (after I stumbled VERY awkwardly through the foreign menus :P). But if you swapped the 6550 for the 6750 and kept everything else the same as above, you'd be at about $660. That leaves $90 for case and PSU. That's a bit of a stretch, but might be possible. If you can stretch the budget a bit to get that 6750, it would be a very big improvement.

Also, I'd hold off on the cooling for now. Just use the stock intel cooler (which will be plenty, even for mild OCing) and upgrade it later if you need to.

Honestly, those prices don't look that high. The motherboard is about the same price you'd pay here, and $50ish for the ram is pretty much normal here too. The hard drive is very reasonable, and even the 3850 isn't more than maybe $20-$30 more than you'd pay here. But I did check and the E6750 was about $250 on your site (after I stumbled VERY awkwardly through the foreign menus :P). But if you swapped the 6550 for the 6750 and kept everything else the same as above, you'd be at about $660. That leaves $90 for case and PSU. That's a bit of a stretch, but might be possible. If you can stretch the budget a bit to get that 6750, it would be a very big improvement.

Also, I'd hold off on the cooling for now. Just use the stock intel cooler (which will be plenty, even for mild OCing) and upgrade it later if you need to.

Oh big thx for sacrificing time to browse a bird-language site :D It's just the money thing, when i'm about to spend some, i always make sure i buy smth good, so i won't regret later, so i ask pros :)

Ok, well the budget stretch is not out of the question, but only if it makes a differnce. So if i get the cheaper rams and maybe the 256 mb gfc card, i'll decide on that. So what about the case and psu? They all have the same specs, but prices differ :/ (I'm not talking about the expensive and really good ones) Should i just choose a normal case with fan spaces, and a 500W PSU? Which brands are worth buying, cuz the Fortrons are freakin` expensive.

I found some reviews about these 45nm cpu's, the cheapest e8200. They perform better then the 6x series, and for my surprise, the price is lower, so i guess it is ok if i replace the e6750 with an e8200, right? The price difference is 20$ in favor of the e8200. I'm not sure if the mobo P35-DS3L supports this type of cpu... does it? :)

[Edit]

Well i found out it does, so it's pretty obvious i should go for the e8200, right? :P

Edited by TheSaw

Well i found out it does, so it's pretty obvious i should go for the e8200, right? :P

Yeah, that's probably a good move if you can get your hands on it for a lower price. And you shouldn't have any trouble with the P35 board. As for power supplies, I really don't know what's available to you. I know that FSP (Fortron) is absolutely awesome for solid low-budget PSUs over here, but I don't know how much I can help you where you are. If you could list some options that are available to you in the 500W range, we might be able to pick from it :)