9800 gtx or 8800 gtx

meww

well I just built a new PC and got a 8600 gts. Well the card is great but I want a better one that will last me for a while. I was looking into 8800 gtx with 384bit memory + 768 mb ram or should I wait for 9800 gtx which should have 512 bit + 1 gig ram. How much price difference should there be between these two card ? Also I have GA-p35-DS3L montherboard with PCI x16, If 9800gtx is pci 2.0 will it work on my motherboard or do I need to upgrade or will they make 9800gtx pci x16.

I would wait for the new cards to come out and see what kinda of a price drop appears on the 88XX series cards.

Mmm agreed, although from what I've heard, don't expect blistering performance from the new cards, at least not in comparison to what the 8 series was to the 7 series.

any release date 9800 gtx, how much would the 9800 gtx cost and how much performace increase is there.

I have not heard a date set in stone yet but we will see the 9600GT first before anything else.

Mmm agreed, although from what I've heard, don't expect blistering performance from the new cards, at least not in comparison to what the 8 series was to the 7 series.

well he does have an 8600gt so he would see a huge performance increase,lol. those 8600's are only good for dx 10 and they really can't handle dx 10 games anyway so really they are just spare parts! I would get an evga 8800gt or above then you can always use their step up program to get a newer card when they come out, just a thought ;)

well he does have an 8600gt so he would see a huge performance increase,lol. those 8600's are only good for dx 10 and they really can't handle dx 10 games anyway so really they are just spare parts! I would get an evga 8800gt or above then you can always use their step up program to get a newer card when they come out, just a thought ;)

:withstupid: That's what I plan to do. I just hope that something better than my GTS comes out within two months so I can actually take advantage of the program. :unsure:

:withstupid: That's what I plan to do. I just hope that something better than my GTS comes out within two months so I can actually take advantage of the program. :unsure:

Yeah I haven't decided if I was going to step up to the gts 512 or the gtx or if I am just going to go sli decisions decisions...lol.