Computer Wont Come On

ok im trying to turn a computer on for the first time and what are som potantial reasons a computer would act like it wasnt grounded i dont have anything connected to it so its not that a wire is touching ground its a epox 8-kha+ i dont know what else to tell you just what do you think some reasons are that its acting like this

because it comes on for a half a sec and then cuts back off its like if you didnt hace a cc grounded you know how it comes on for a sec then cuts off it does the same thing it might not be that it might be some other prob not really sure

i had my friends comp doin that once...it would come on for like half a sec then turn off....turns out that the pugs on the mobo were started to get pulled off and i pushed in on them and it came on...dunno if thats what your problem is or not

friends comp did that, and it turns out that he had "updated" the bios on his asus a7n266-vx, but accidentally put the bios for the a7n266-vn, and he had to send it to sony's repair facility, way down south, for them to replace the mobo cause they couldn't manually re-flash the bios :(

i dunno, but maybe that's it

Im having the exact same problem with my new system i just built today, an epox 8rda+ 2100 XP

i also get a really short beep

did u fix it justinal?

Edited by dust

nope it was a bad mobo but i didnt get any beeps it just came on just enough to power up for a half of sec then went off what else is happening with your system explain the prob and give some specs and ill try to see whats wrong with your system

i got it working :) somethging to do with the memory, when using 2 sticks with duel memory on the epox 8rda+ they have to be in particular slots, thought i had fried my CPU, but the slk800 is keeping it at a chilli 26 degrees for CPU 28 for system @ 133fsb havent over clocked yet :) glad i didnt have to buy a new CPU