Overclocking Nvidia 6200TC512/256MB Help pLease

Betimi.g

i have this graphic card i OC it with ati tool to 450/350 and the stock speeds are 400/270 i overclock it but i cant get much more fps than 65-70 and for that im angry because i cant play games i sell a ati x550 and i buy that because that graphic card have ddr2 memory how i can change the memory latencys to get more FPS with my NVIDIA GEFROCE 6200 PLEASE HELP ME !! Because my country is like a .*t i cant buy here a 8800 GT because the price its very expensive i want to OC IT !

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

X550 > 6200TC, why did you switch?

dont ask for that because all know x550 have ddr memory and this 6200tc have ddr2 memeory i overclock this memory to 750 mhz but i cant get more than 65-70 fps and that problem is from big memory latencys i want to change it :) because when i change the memory latencys to x550 i get this 60-65 fps with only 600 mhz memory :) frequency do you know that!

It's not about the memory, it's mainly about the core speed! The X550 with a little bit overclocked Core speed is better than your overclocked 6200TC

im sorry man but i think you are dude the x550 have 75 MILION tranzistor the 6200tc512/256 have 77 milion and the x550 have 2.0 shader versions the 6200tc have 3.0 and 6200 have more pipelines and more!

okay, I'm going to start picking your logic apart on this one and score it based on logic. something you should have done before making this move

6200 = lowest end of it's generation from nvidia

x550 = second lowest end of it's generation from ATI

score: ATI 1 / Nvidia 0

Memory interface... "tc" means turbo cache. which is marketing speak for "stealing system ram". so the 6200 gets it's "DDR2" only because your motherboard is DDR2. if you ran it on an older socket 939 rig, it would only have DDR. it's also only got a 64 bit memory bus next to the x550's 128 bit.

score: ATI 2 / Nvidia 0

SM2 vs SM3... I love hearing the victories that marketing departments manage to pull off. they got you to add to thier trophy wall of people who listen to them and not pay attention to facts. the 6200 is flat out too slow to actually use SM3. any time you've got calls to use it... frame rates are going to be in the single digits.. as in 1 to 2. it's a really usable feature.

scroe: ATI 3 / Nvidia 0

higher transistor count... for crap sake who told you that made a card better??????? the 8800GT g92 has a lower transistor count than the 8800GTS g90... but it's BETTER. all higher transistor count with lower performance tells me is design flaws, inefficient, and power hungry.

score: ATI 4 / Nvidia 0

I'm sure some other guys can step in and keep this up... but it's just not worth it for me to continue this. my bet is you argue anyway just like you did with king... who is absolutely CORRECT!

no the older g90 chips had a higher transistor count over the g92. why I'm not sure but they did.

but yeah, the 8600GTS is another example of the marketing department putting out barbed hooks for morons to put in thier mouths.