DFI Woahs :(

Get the GA P35 DS4 and be done with it....

:S hmmm

Any other opinions? Please chime in!

Road runner do you know if can you fit a Si-120 on that board without any of the edges of the heatsink sticking out past the MB? I had that problem also with the DFI - which sucks cause that means I need a new heatsink.

Edited by p8baller07

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:S hmmm

Any other opinions? Please chime in!

Road runner do you know if can you fit a Si-120 on that board without any of the edges of the heatsink sticking out past the MB? I had that problem also with the DFI - which sucks cause that means I need a new heatsink.

No I dont. I know the Ultra 120 Extreme fits with no problem...

No problem fitting a SI-120 on a P35-DS4, it's very much the same layout as the 965P-DS4 (which I had) :)

Gigabyte boards are real nice, they OC well, are stable, but lack the insane amount of BIOS settings that you've seen in that DFI BIOS.

No problem fitting a SI-120 on a P35-DS4, it's very much the same layout as the 965P-DS4 (which I had) :)

Gigabyte boards are real nice, they OC well, are stable, but lack the insane amount of BIOS settings that you've seen in that DFI BIOS.

My only other concern is the hieatpipes on the MB, I have a Lian Li V1000 Which is reserve ATX, thus the motherboard is mounted UPSIDE DOWN. meaning all the liquid would float down to the bottom of the heatpipe loop. However after looking at the size of the heatsinks alone without the heatpipes taken into consideration - I dont think it'll be a problem.

Wasn't that the same for your DFI P35 T2R Lanparty board? Your SB might become a problem.... all the heat will be transfered in that direction then. Otherwise, you could also consider the DFI P35 T2RL Blood Iron, I have the same one. Yes, I know it's a DFI and you've just had one die on you, but it's a great board for the money AND it doesn't have the heatpipe thingies, but normal heatsinks (which do tend to get hot sometimes).