AGP 4x card with 1280x768?

sonoma03

I have an older Dell computer with an AGP 4x slot, and I want to get a graphics card that can output at 1280x768 resolution to get a better picture on my LCD TV. My current ATI Rage 128 Ultra card can only provide a maximum horizontal resolution of 1024 when the vertical is limited to 768, so everything is in 4:3 and I can't get a decent widescreen picture. I am having a difficult time finding an appropriate card, since many newer cards are AGP 8x only, and a lot of cards don't list what resolutions they support. Can anyone suggest a few possibilities, preferably cheaper cards? Thanks!

Any 8x card will work in your computer, they are backwards compatible 4x/8x...

Are you sure about that? A couple of the reviewers for the Sapphire Radeon card that the other poster suggested said that the card did NOT work well on AGP 4x boards. AGP 4x and 8x run on different voltages, right? So unless they are designed to be backwards compatible, they wouldn't necessarily work. I was assuming that since some cards specifically say they are 4x/8x while others say 8x only, that I had to find a card that specifically says it supports 4x.

Then again, that Sapphire Radeon card is supposed to be 4x/8x and some of the reviewers still couldn't get the card to work i their systems.

Okay, so back to my original question: any other cards that can definitely support 1280x768 output with VGA?

Also, my PC only has a 250W power supply in it, so it would be nice if the card would work in that without requiring a power supply replacement.