Mix and Match

I was looking around on Clubit and I found this ram....

OCZ Platinum Revision 2 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2-800 CL 4-4-4-15

for 44 bucks this seems to be a steal of a deal because I paid like 130 for my current ram..

This is the ram I currently have in my system...

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800

which is running @ 875 mhz 4-4-4-15 @ 2.26 V

Would it work if I bought the set of OCZ ram i listed above. Could I run both sets together without getting any problems..

I know that the G.skill ram will be forced to run @ 4-4-4-15 @ 800 mhz

Would I gain performance this way by adding another 2 gb's of ram?

Would I stay the same because I'm loosing my overclock on the ram ?

The Processor is currently Oc'ed to 3.6 ghz @ 1.45 V.

I play a lot of games and also do some video rendering for school as well as photoshop work.

lol oh ya I forgot about that minor detail... ughh ya.

I'd have to reformat, which is fine for me to do if I would see a huge improvement ??

Has anyone heard of any issues with anything in my sig and Vista 64 bit ?

• 2 weeks later...

The thing is though that the Platinum Revision 2, 6400s, are running ProMOS. Revision 1 uses Elpida, and the "Gold" GX XTC Rev 2.0, uses Powerchip.

The only Platinum Series that use Micron are the 5400s, they all use D9s. I'm sorry, actually, the EB Platinum 6400 uses D9 but it is the only one, at least as

of the last census by DDR2 RAM List. I was real tempted by them too till I looked it up. They "look" super cool. I'm not wild about Saffron, but you can most

likely get close to that price with Balistix if you look around, "lots of sales and rebates right now", and Balistix are all D9s, no matter what speed or sub series.

In truth, Crucial uses about 98% D9s. The only sticks that have anything else are two of their Value Ram models, a 4200 and a 5300, which have a Samsung-

"in the 4200", and an Elpida,"in the 5300", running along with assorted D9s. As for the Tacers, everyone knows, that without Blinking Light Technology, we

would not have stood a chance against the Klingons! I'd go with Balistix all around.

Blue Magnetic Storm

Edited by Bluemagneticstorm