How do you change .img files into jpeg?

luvvnlife

I am what you call a novice when it comes to editing photographs. I would appreciate any help with converting .img files into jpeg's or is it even possible.

Edited by luvvnlife

easy, pick your favorite photo editing program: open, save as, done. i know i'm not much help but i think any program that works with photos will convert it by just doing save as and pick jpg

I am what you call a novice when it comes to editing photographs. I would appreciate any help with converting .img files into jpeg's or is it even possible.
An ".img" file is NOT an image file per se, an ".img" file is a digital copy of a disc (whether it be a DVD or CD)

When you copy a disc to your computer as an "image" it copies it as an ".img" file, that way you can burn as many copies of the disc as you want by dragging the ".img" file into your cd-copying program...

Essentially it is just a digital copy of the entire contents of a disc that can be either burned to a disc or "mounted" via a virtual CD program.

So NO you can not convert a ".jpg" to a ".img" file.

WELCOME TO OCC by the way... ;)

An ".img" file is NOT an image file per se, an ".img" file is a digital copy of a disc (whether it be a DVD or CD)

When you copy a disc to your computer as an "image" it copies it as an ".img" file, that way you can burn as many copies of the disc as you want by dragging the ".img" file into your cd-copying program...

Essentially it is just a digital copy of the entire contents of a disc that can be either burned to a disc or "mounted" via a virtual CD program.

So NO you can not convert a ".jpg" to a ".img" file.

WELCOME TO OCC by the way... ;)

I thought the same thing, but I did a lil searching and apparently some programs name images with that extension, from a quick glance I think it said they were essentially renamed bitmaps.

oh and Welcome to occ

http://www.filext.com - find out what a file extension means (i.e. what file format it is, or could be)

find out what programs support that format

open, save as... JPEG (as mentioned above)

you could find out if they were actually bitmaps by doing an Open As... Bitmap, in Photoshop... if it works, then do a batch rename of the files, then you could do a batch convert .bmp to .jpg