GA-965P-DS3 Q6600

steveyg_uk

I would like to know the suitable settings for overclocking my memory and motherboard please.

Processor = Intel QUAD Q6600

Motherboard = Gigabyte GA-965p-DS3 Rev 3.3 Socket 775 BIOS F12

Memory = OCZ 4GB kit EL DDR2 PC2-6400

Power Supply = OCZ 600W PSU

Cooling = Akasa AK-960E Heatpipe Cooler

Arctic Cooling 12 System Fan x2

2 x Case Cooler Exhaust Fan

Case = Aria Gamer DarkStar

Storage = 2 x 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATAII 16MB 5yr warranty Raid 0

2 x 500GB Seagate Barracuda SATA-2 16MB

1 x Maxtor 250 gig SATA-2

I thought I would ask you for advise first on how to do this. I understand you can overclock the Q6600 from 2.4 to at least 3.2 on AIR COOLING.

If someone could please shed some light my way it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

STEVEY, we have the same exact mobo and same exact processor. I've overclocked mine to 3.2GHz now with a 335MHz FSB and the normal (9) multiplier. I'm letting the mobo auto-regulate the voltage with zero issues.

Hi,

I've tried changing FSB to 333 x 9 = 3.0 for now, however the FSB of the RAM then says 1066 (if left to AUTO). I have changed the FSB for the RAM to 667 which runs fine with ORTHOS checking it.

My question is, have I done the right thing, and should I change the FSB of RAM to AUTO just curious as surely running RAM at 1066 when it runs at 800 isn't a wise idea?

The temps running CORE TEMP program says 40,35,36,40 under normal load overlocked to 3.0 ghz. Under STRESS LOAD using ORTHOS - 57, 54,54,56.