Computer not booting

I have an ASUS P5N32 SLI SE motherboard. It have been working great for me for about 7 months or so. Then recently I was not getting a signal on my monitor. After troubleshooting and posting on message boards like crazy. I have concluded that its my mother board. I have found that many people with the same board as I have had the same problem. They say they either send it back in or reset the cmos. The problem is I lost my manual during a move and I can not find the cmos jumper on my mother board. simple question and I will probably kick myself after wards, but can anyone please help me find it. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I have an ASUS P5N32 SLI SE motherboard. It have been working great for me for about 7 months or so. Then recently I was not getting a signal on my monitor. After troubleshooting and posting on message boards like crazy. I have concluded that its my mother board. I have found that many people with the same board as I have had the same problem. They say they either send it back in or reset the cmos. The problem is I lost my manual during a move and I can not find the cmos jumper on my mother board. simple question and I will probably kick myself after wards, but can anyone please help me find it. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

technically don't need the jumper, if you take the battery out for like 10 minutes it will reset the cmos. the battery is what stores the cmos. but the cmos jumper is usually right near the battery. I would take a flashlight and look at your mobo with it, all asus mobo's have their jumpers clearly marked but you need light shining on it to see if the mobo is in you case.

the battery is what stores the cmos.

The battery supply's power to the cmos chip, the battery does not store the cmos. To answer your question it should be right by the battery, or you can take the battery out for a little bit as it will clear the cmos chip without power.

Edit: I am not for sure this is the correct MB as I do not own one.

cmosjp.jpg

Theres nothing fancy involved in taking the battery out, just make sure the computer is unplugged and remove the battery, might have to gently pry it out. Wait 15 seconds and then put it back in the same way and boot up the computer. If that doesn't fix it then try removing it for a couple of minutes and see what that does.

I removed the battery for a couple minutes. Same problem. Also my DVD drive's light keeps blinking irregularly and its making a sound like its reading something but keeps "restarting". I have read on other message boards that people with my same board have had the same problem and that if reseting the cmos didnt work, they returned it. This is annoying.